Netherland tulip tour, MS Lena Maria
With Bike & Boat through a sea of tulips.
Embarkation and check-in, where the crew will welcome you on board, takes place at 2 p.m.. As soon as all guests have arrived a short cruise will bring you to Zaandam, a spot famous for its windmills. Here, your barge will berth in the center of the city for the night. Upon arrival you can enjoy taking your new bike for a brief test ride through the surrounding area. In the evening, enjoy a short walk through the picturesque center of Zaandam.
After breakfast you will enjoy a 5 km bicycle ride to the open air museum “Zaanse Schans” with beautiful windmills, traditional wooden houses, an old Dutch village, a cheese farm and a traditional wooden clog maker. In the afternoon you have a choice to make: you can either cycle (24 km/14 mi.) to Haarlem or take it easy and join the barge while enjoying the scenery. In Haarlem visit the historical inner city with the Grote Markt and St. Bavo church. Your barge will be berthed not far from the center of Haarlem for the night, so you will have time to enjoy a short city walk in the afternoon or in the evening.
Today you will cycle to the Keukenhof, arguably the most famous flower park in the world where you can admire hundreds of thousands of tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and many other flowers in full bloom. After an extensive visit you will get back on your bicycle at noon and will head to Oude Wetering, a small village, where your floating hotel will be waiting for you.
This morning you are in for a real treat – an early visit by bus (6.30 a.m.) to the biggest flower auction* in the world at Aalsmeer. In the morning millions of flowers are auctioned off here and are instantly sent out to all parts of the world. By 9 a.m. you will return on the your barge where a late breakfast will be waiting for you while sailing through Amsterdam. During the afternoon you either have the opportunity to make a last beautiful cycling tour through the wetlands of Waterland or to discover this amazing city. Visit the inner city flower market, go to a museum, do some shopping… there is just so much to do! Optional: end-of-day canal tour in Amsterdam.
2020: *: The Aalsmeer flower auction is closed during weekends and on public
holidays. This is an optional visit. Please be aware that on the departure date April 10 a visit to the flower auction is not possible.
Ende Ihrer Reise. Ausschiffung nach dem Frühstück, bis 9.30 Uhr.
Easy tour. All distances are “approximate distances” of recommended bike tours. The tour details are barring changes, a.o. as a result of nautical, technical or meteorological reasons.
| Season 1 |
14.04.2021 | 18.04.2021 | 22.04.2021 | 26.04.2021 |
|Bike & Boat Holland tulip tour, MS Lena Maria, 5 days, NL-NHSAM-05G|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||50%|
- 4 nights tour and accommodation on board of MS Lena Maria in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- Welcome drink
- Meals: (4 x breakfast, 4 x picnic lunch during bike tours, coffee and tea while breakfast, 4 x 3 course dinner)
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Use of linen and towels
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- Tour guide for guided bike tours
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- GPS tracks available
- WLAN available
- Bike rental insurance €10/week, for e-bikes €25/week. Risk and limitation of liability in the case of damage or loss of the rental bike by you.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Parking Amsterdam (valet parking): Prices and reservation on request.
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The use of your own bike is limited due to space on deck! Please specify when booking whether your own bike is an electric or normal bike.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycle
This tour has 1 more variation
MS Lena Marie
The Lena Maria is a very comfortable ship, ideal for “bike and barge tours” in the Netherlands and Belgium.