Enns Cycle Path
Back to nature.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Radstadt
Arrival as arranged by you. Check-in to your accomodation, get your bikes (if booked) and your travel documents. Take time for a short walk in Radstadt - “the old city in the mountains”.
Follow the still narrow River Enns to Styria and marvel at the breath taking Dachstein South Wall, before you arrive in the ski world cup town Schladming. After a short, ascent you continue through the Valley till you arrive to Gröbming.
You cycle comfortable through the broad valley. From a distance the edged mountain-prongs of the mountain range Gesäuse salutes. In Admont you have the possibility to visit the biggest monastery library of the world.
It becomes close. The Enns flows with the skittish “Gesäuse” through the national park. The canyon (20 km) is one of the most phenomenal Austrian nature spectacles. Afterwards you cycle via Weng and Buchauer Sattle to St. Gallen.
The impressive Gallenstein castle waves you goodbye as you head off into Upper Austria. The amazing forested mountains frame the Kalkalpen national park. Endangered species like lynx and eagles are native here.
In the years the Enns was a concernment for the iron trade. With brails they shiped the raw ore the craftsman for knifes and so called Feitel (a special clasp knife). There are a lot of museums which makes this come alive.
Because of the confluence with the river Steyr the Enns sedate to a handsome stream, which pass sedately the same-named town. Enns is own of the oldest towns in Austria, which was still settled by the Celts and Romans. The museum Lauriacum represent this era. Along the Danube bike path to Linz, provincial capital of Upper Austria.
Departure or extension
You have to manage some (partly steep) ascents. On some parts of the route you have to bike on streets with more traffic. This particular bike tour is of medium difficulty. With normal fitness condition we guarantee a unique bike-experience.
| Season 1 |
09.10.2021 - 23.10.2021
| Season 2 |
25.09.2021 - 08.10.2021
| Season 3 |
01.05.2021 - 24.09.2021
|Enns Cycle Path, 8 days, AT-ENRRL-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||179.00||179.00||179.00|
|Surcharge half board (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||175.00||175.00||175.00|
Category: chosen 3***- hotels and guesthouses.
| Season 1 |
Oct 9, 2021 - Oct 23, 2021
| Season 2 |
Sep 25, 2021 - Oct 8, 2021
| Season 3 |
May 1, 2021 - Sep 24, 2021
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||49.00||49.00||49.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||58.00||58.00||58.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||69.00||69.00||69.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||88.00||88.00||88.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS tracks available
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Train ride from Enns/Linz EUR 39 per person (bikes are not included), reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance
- Bus return from Linz every saturday in season 3, EUR 149 p.P., reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Radstadt train station
- Salzburg or Linz airport
- There is a parking space in Radstadt at the hotel, approx. EUR 7 per day, in Linz it is upon request, or public unguarded parking bay near the hotel
- Park possibilities Linz in public underground parking in the railway station, approx. EUR 36 per week, reservation in own direction with travel documents inevitably
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!