Enns Cycle Path
Back to nature.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Radstadt
Arrival as arranged by you. Check-in to your accomodation, get your bikes (if booked) and your travel documents. Take time for a short walk in Radstadt - “the old city in the mountains”.
Follow the still narrow Enns to Styria and marvel at the breathtaking Dachstein south wall, before you arrive in the ski world cup town Schladming. After a short climp in the loose valley you arrive in Gröbming
You cycle leisurely through the wide valley. From a distance the pointy mountain-prongs of the Gesäuse mountain range salute. In Admont you have the possibility to visit the world's largest monastery library.
Today gets narrow. The Enns flows with the wild “Gesäuse” through the national park. The canyon (20 km) is one of the most phenomenal Austrian natural spectacles. You then cycle via Weng and Buchauer Sattle to St Gallen.
The impressive Gallenstein castle waves you goodbye as you head off into Upper Austria. The amazing forested mountains frame the Kalkalpen national park. Endangered species like lynx and eagles are native here.
During the ironworks' heyday the river Enns made a significant contribution to the economonic situation. The raw ore was shipped on rafts to craftsmen who made knives. There are a lot of museum where you can learn more about this and where the topic really comes to life.
At the confluence with the river Steyr, the Enns river becomes more sedate that leisurely flows past the same-named town. Enns is own of Austria's oldest towns and it was settled by the Celts and the Romans. The Lauriacum museum represents this era. You cycle along the Danube bike path to Linz, the provincial capital of Upper Austria.
Departure or extension
There are some ascents on this tour that are steep at times. At some points along the route you have to cycle on busier roads. The bike tour is of medium difficulty. This tour will be no problem for those with a standard level of fitness and we guarantee a unique cycling experience.
Category: chosen 3***- hotels and guesthouses.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Train ride from Enns/Linz EUR 39 per person (bikes are not included), reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Radstadt train station
- Salzburg or Linz airport
- There is a parking space in Radstadt at the hotel, approx. EUR 7 per day, in Linz it is upon request, or public unguarded parking bay near the hotel
- Park possibilities Linz in public underground parking in the railway station, approx. EUR 36 per week, reservation in own direction with travel documents inevitably
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!