Salzkammergut Trophy - based in one Hotel
Famous Lakes and Sweet Clichés.
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Bad Goisern
The hotel staff will give you your travel documents and rental bikes (if booked).
In the morning, you will take the train to Gmunden. The beautiful lake resort invites you for a walk. We recommend visiting castle Orth and the ceramic chimes in the tower of the town hall. On the bike path, you will cycle along the river Traun to Ebensee. Then you will continue further along the Traun and this way you will soon reach Bad Ischl. The former imperial city attracts visitors with its Imperial Park, Imperial Villa, and Sissi's teahouse. Now only a few kilometres remain until you will be back at your hotel.
First, you will ride your bike along the river Traun to Bad Ischl. The river Ischler Ache flows to Lake Wolfgangsee and further to St. Wolfgang. If time remains, you should not only visit the White Horse Inn and the church, but also go up the mountain Schafberg by taking the rack railway! A short ferry ride will take you to the other side of the lake and the bike path will take you via lake Nussensee and back to the hotel.
Today, there is plenty of time for the World Heritage area around Lake Hallstatt. Magnificent nature and the oldest salt mine in the world, the Dachstein Ice Caves, or a relaxing boat trip – there is something for everyone! During this tour, you will always cycle on the lake shore and all the highlights are close to the route.
Departure or extension
Most of the stages are easy cycle tours with just occasional very small ascents. There is one longer ascent. You will find yourself either cycling on bike paths or on quiet side roads with little traffic. Only a few kilometres of this tour have to be cycled on busier roads.
| Season 1 |
|Salzkammergut - Based in Hotel, 5 days, balcony rooms, AT-SKRBG-05GA|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||145.00|
|Salzkammergut based in one hotel, 5 days, comfort rooms, AT-SKRBG-05GB|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||129.00|
|Surcharge half board evening meal 6x (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||145.00|
- Accommodation in Hotel Goiserermühle **** in the chosen category
- Breakfast buffet
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Train journey Bad Goisern to Gmunden incl. bike
- 1 Zaunerstollen pastry and coffee per person at the famous Cafe Zauner
- Free use of the spa area
- Free admission to the public outdoor swimming pool
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Bad Goisern train station
- Salzburg airport
- Free parking or Hotel carport for EUR 20 per week no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry tickets from St. Wolfgang to Abersee not incl. € 4 / person incl. bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!