Arrival in Krimml
In Krimml, you will find Europe's largest waterfall. Thanks to a well-designed path you can admire this natural spectacle from lots of viewpoints. If you booked rental bikes, you will find them at your booked accommodation.
Your route runs through the High Tauern National Park and through Oberpinzgau. Due to their being high mountains around, snow covered peaks will constantly accompany you on this tour. Lush green meadows alternate with lovely small villages and offer a fabulous scenery. In Kaprun you have the possibility to view the Alpine reservoirs too.
You cycle via “Maria Alm” where there is a famous pilgrimage church. Another highlight is Saalfelden, which is perfectly located for a lunch break. Further sights on your way to Lofer are the Seisenbergklamm and Lamprechtshöhe near Weißbach.
Today you cycle through the Saalach valley. Bad Reichenhall, located in the “small German corner”, enchants you with its Bavarian flair. After a little while after Bad Reichenhall you will arrive in Salzburg, the city of Mozart. Salzburg's cultural offer will embrace you. You should plan enough extra time for a walk through the city and a visit to Mozart´s birth house.
Today you leave Salzburg and its Alps behind and cycle through the Alpine foothills. The Tauern bike path ends in Tittmoning and from here you have to follow the nature trail along the Lower Inn before you reach today´s destination, Burghausen. Make sure to visit its magnificent historic center and the largest castle complex of Central Europe. Both are outstanding!
The route leads you along the river Inn up to Braunau. This gothic town is a perfect place for a lunch break. On your way you see numerous bird colonies. You can then continue on either the Bavarian or Austrian side - the choice is yours! Today´s destination Obernberg has a well-known market square with many baroque buildings.
Soon you reach the abbey "Stift Reichersberg“, which is worth a visit. On your route alongside the river Inn you cycle through small towns like Schärding where you can take a break at the baroque market square. Not much further after Schärding and you will have reached the final destination of this beautiful bike trip: Passau. The city of the three rivers has a lot to offer, for example the world´s largest cathedral organ. A river cruise would certainly be the best way to finish this wonderful bike ride.
The Tauern bike path is well signposted all the way along. The route leads through quiet and paved paths and country roads. Sometimes you will have to cycle on busier sections. There are a few short sections where you have to cycle on unpaved paths. The quality of the trail can be described as very good for the vast majority of it. There are hardly any uphill sections in this version of the tour and therefore it is also suitable for families with children.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Entrance fee Krimml Waterfalls (not for Alternative 5/4 Short Tour)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening neak (mostly multi couse, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Krimml daily, this costs € 69 per person incl.your bike, to be paid in advance
Passau – Krimml, departure 2 p.m.
Schärding – Krimml, departure 2.30 p.m.
Salzburg – Krimml, departure 4 p.m.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Krimml train station
- Salzburg, Innsbruck or Munich airport
- Public car park close to the hotels in Krimml costs € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary. Please inform us how you arrive, the hotels will be booked accordingly.
- Public multi storage car park in Passau, this costs approx. € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!