Arrival in Krimml
This cycling holiday starts at the foot of Europe's largest waterfall in Krimml. You can view and admire it from a well-designed trail allowing you to get up-close. Your rental bikes (if booked) will already be at your accomodation.
Today's route runs through the High Tauern National Park and the Oberpinzgau region. Snow covered mountains will accompany you the whole way. Lush green meadows alternate with lovely small villages and offer a fabulous scenery. In Kaprun you have the possibility to visit the Alpine reservoirs and you should also go for a refreshing swim in lake Zell. If you are wanting to cycle even further you can go for a ride around the lake too. To get to Saalfelden you will cycle via Maria Alm where there is a famous pilgrimage church.
Today you cycle through the tranquil Saalach valley. Attractions on your way to Lofer are the Seisenbergklamm gorge and the Lamprechtshöhle caves near Weißbach. Bad Reichenhall, in the “small German corner”, enchants you with its Bavarian flair. Not much further to go before arriving in Salzburg, the city of Mozart. The culture that it has to offer will embrace you. Here you should schedule plenty of time for a walk through the historic center or for a visit to Mozart´s birthplace.
Having left Salzburg and its Alps behind, you cycle through the Alpine foothills. The Tauern bike path ends in Tittmoning and from here you have to follow the nature trail along the Lower Inn on your way to Burghausen. This town impresses with its magnificent old town and Central Europe's largest castle complex. The route leads you along the river Inn up to Braunau. There you cross the river Inn and then you will have reached today´s destination, Simbach.
Today you will be able to spot numerous bird colonies. You can either cycle on the Bavarian or the Austrian side of the river. Obernberg has a well-known market square with many baroque buildings and is a perfect spot for lunch. Soon you reach the abbey "Stift Reichersberg“, which is worth a visit! On your route alongside the river Inn you cycle through small towns like Schärding. Not much further to cycle until you reach the final destination on this bike trip: Passau. The city of three rivers has a lot to offer. For example the world´s largest organ is situated inside the city's cathedral. A cruise along the river would certainly be the ultimate way to finish this wonderful bike ride!
Departure or extension
In Passau there is a lot to discover. If you would like to stay here for longer, we will happily arrange some extra nights for you.
The Tauern bike path runs from start to finish with no breaks in it. The route is also fully signposted. The route runs through quiet areas on paved paths and country roads. At times you will have to cycle along busier routes. There are a few short sections of the route where the cycling surface is bumpy. Overall the quality of the cycle route can be described as very good. There are hardly any hills in this version of the tour.
| Season 1 |
24.04.2021 - 06.05.2021
27.09.2021 - 09.10.2021
| Season 2 |
07.05.2021 - 17.06.2021
06.09.2021 - 26.09.2021
| Season 3 |
18.06.2021 - 05.09.2021
|Tauern Cycle Path, 6 days, sportive, AT-TARKS-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board 5x (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||119.00||119.00||119.00|
|Surcharge single room||135.00||135.00||135.00|
| Season 1 |
Apr 24, 2021 - May 6, 2021
Sep 27, 2021 - Oct 9, 2021
| Season 2 |
May 7, 2021 - Jun 17, 2021
Sep 6, 2021 - Sep 26, 2021
| Season 3 |
Jun 18, 2021 - Sep 5, 2021
|Double room p. P.||75.00||75.00||75.00|
|Surcharge single room||10.00||10.00||10.00|
|Double room p. P.||59.00||59.00||59.00|
|Surcharge single room||26.00||26.00||26.00|
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Entrance fee Krimml Waterfalls (not for Alternative 5/4 Short Tour)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening neak (mostly multi couse, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Krimml daily, this costs € 69 per person incl.your bike, to be paid in advance
Passau – Krimml, departure 2 p.m.
Schärding – Krimml, departure 2.30 p.m.
Salzburg – Krimml, departure 4 p.m.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Krimml train station
- Salzburg, Innsbruck or Munich airport
- Public car park close to the hotels in Krimml costs € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary. Please inform us how you arrive, the hotels will be booked accordingly.
- Public multi storage car park in Passau, this costs approx. € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!