Bavarian Hops Tour
Loop tour from/to Regensburg.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Regensburg
The town is the best preserved large town in Germany and the entire town is an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy your stay in the Medieval narrow streets.
It is worthwhile to take your first rest at Walhalla, which towers above the Danube. Passing Wörth castle you will reach Straubing with its town tower as its impressive symbol.
Today, you cycle first through Bogen, which became famous in 1104 for the discovery of the painting of the pregnant Madonna. Afterwards you follow the river Danube till you have to cross it in Deggendorf to arrive in the beautiful city of Plattling.
Today’s section sticks close to the banks of the Isar. There is enough time for a visit to the adventure pool, Caprina, in Dingolfing. The ducal town of Landshut was not only more important than Munich for hundreds of years, but even today, has not lost the shine of its elegant buildings, such as the Trausnitz castle or St. Martin‘s Church, which has the tallest brick tower in the world.
The surrounding riverside meadows to the left and right of the Isar banks are the most prominent feature of the route. Moorsburg is home to a wonderful collegiate church. Freising is also known for its churches. For 1000 years, the town was the residence of the Prince-Bishop of Bavaria. With an additional overnight stay, you have the time to discover Munich by bike or by tram.
The route now takes you north through the hops fields of the Hallertau valley. The Mainburg monastery, which, despite its name, is not situated on the River Main, but on the River Abens, is still home, today, to the Pauline monks. The historic centre of Abensberg, your destination today, is very beautiful.
From Bad Gägging, you follow the River Danube to the Weltenburg monastery. This is where you go on board boat, which takes you through the famous Danube Gorge to Kelheim. It is well worth visiting the Royal Thermal Baths in Bad Abbach before you cycle back to Regensburg.
Departure or extension
After breakfast your cycling tour comes to an end.
Mainly separate cycle paths mostly gravelled, between Freising and Abensberg hilly.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Boat trip Weltenburg – Kehlheim incl. bike
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Regensburg train station
- Public garage, approx. 15 minutes from the arrival hotels, costs approx. € 10 per day, reservation not possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!