Main, Spessart and Tauber Valley
The most beautiful tour in Franken.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Rothenburg
Rothenburg ob der Tauber is regarded as the epitome of German Romanticism and abroad as a prototype of a medieval German town. Take a stroll through the old town guided by an „original“ night watchman.
You follow the Tauber river and cross a mountain range on an old railway line. Down to the Main valley to Ochsenfurt which is enclosed by a well-preserved medieval fortification.
Take a stroll through Wurzburg and visit the majestic Residence. Cycle through vineyards to Gemunden or Rieneck.
Follow the Main to Wertheim, located at the confluence of the Main and Tauber rivers. Enjoy the view over the landscape you have crossed from the remains of an old castle.
Upstream along the Tauber you cycle through more vineyards, passing Tauberbischofsheim and the romantic city of Bad Mergentheim before you get to Weikersheim.
In Creglingen you can visit the „Lindleinturm“, an example for rural life in the 18th century. Another very specialmuseum on you way is the thimble museum.
On the second, fifth and sixth day the route is slightly hillier.
Category: Hotels of 3***-niveau
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch, with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Town guidance with night watchman in Rothenburg (German)
- 1 Entry German order museum Bad Mergentheim (closed on Monday and Tuesday)
- 1 Entry castle Weikersheim
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Rothenburg o. b. Tauber train station
- Airport Nürnberg, Frankfurt or Munich
- Free and unguarded parking possibilities at the train station in very limited number, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!