Itinerary at a glance
During the day, exciting adventures await along the Moselle, and in the evenings, you'll taste the famous wines. Explore Trier playfully with a treasure hunt, jump into the swimming lakes near Mehring, or take a thrilling ride on the summer toboggan run.
Arrival at Trier and check-in at your accommodation. Travel documentation and rental bikes (if booked) are ready for you in the hotel. Treves is a town teeming with historic, Roman buildings and architecture. Whether it is the town’s landmark, Porta Nigra’ or the amphitheatre – it is definitely always worth a visit. Alternatively you can check out the toy museum and take part in the cool museum puzzlehunt.
Finally it is time for your cycling tour! You proceed on the left riverbank along easy cycle paths along the river Mosel, past Pfalzel onwards to Schweich. Here we recommend a detour to the adventure pool with its 52 metre long giant slide. Then you continue and cross over to the right side of the river and cycle along the ‚Roman Wine Route’ until the leisure lake ‚Triolago’, where you can enjoy the toboggan run, football-golf, a water ski cable car and many more. From there you proceed to Mehring, your first Day Finish.
Still pay a visit to the ruins of the Roman ‚Villa Rustica’. After that continue on the cycle path along the river Mosel via Detzem and Leiwen with their cool childrens’ playgrounds. You cycle past vineyards over to Neumagen-Dhron, the oldest wine-growing community in Germany. Here you may get lucky and spot the true to original Roman wine vessel gliding along on the river Mosel or maybe you might even decide to venture onboard and take part in a culture-trip? Once you arrive in Piesport you can visit the Roman wine pressing facility dating back to the 3rd century.
Today you cycle to Bernkastel-Kues, where the many small streets and the colourful half-timbered buildings are impressive. In the evening we have included a short boat tour for the family. For parents we recommend a sample of the well-known “Bernkastler Doctor. ”
Numerous vineyards accompany you on your bike tour today. Through the wine-growing area “Kröver Nacktarsch” you reach your day’s destination with Traben-Trarbach. On the way, many leisure pools invite you to relax. Traben-Trarbach offers some architectural masterpieces of Art Nouveau and Belle Epoque. We have included a short round of miniature golf for your family.
Today it is time to say goodbye to the vineyards, castles and ruins. You have all the options for an individual departure. Or would you prefer to spend another day on the Moselle River for more adventures?
Mainly the Moselle Cycle Path leads on paved and asphalted roads and cycle paths. The route is signposted throughout and is excellent. For this variant, we have also chosen very short stages that are suitable for children. This tour is therefore perfect for families with children.
Prices and dates
Category: comfortable middle-class hotels
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accomodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 Trier family city rally (treasure hunt approx. 2 hours duration)
- 1 ticket for summer toboggan run Riol
- 1 ticket for mini golf in Traben-Trarbach
- 1 boat tour Bernkastel-Kues (duration approx. 1 hour)
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Rental bike, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Trier every day in the morning, costs EUR 79 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 39, reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Trier train station
- Frankfurt/Main or Frankfurt/Hahn airport
- Garage or car park at the hotel, costs approx. EUR 10-15 per day
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."