Arrival in Treves
Arrival at Treves and check-in at your accommodation. Travel documentation and rental bikes (if booked) are ready for you in the hotel. Treves is a town teeming with historic, Roman buildings and architecture. Whether it is the town’s landmark, Porta Nigra’ or the amphitheatre – it is definitely always worth a visit. Alternatively you can check out the toy museum and take part in the cool museum puzzlehunt.
Trier – Mehring
Finally it is time for your cycling tour! You proceed on the left riverbank along easy cycle paths along the river Mosel, past Pfalzel onwards to Schweich. Here we recommend a detour to the adventure pool with its 52 metre long giant slide. Then you continue and cross over to the right side of the river and cycle along the ‚Roman Wine Route’ until the leisure lake ‚Triolago’, where you can enjoy the toboggan run, football-golf, a water ski cable car and many more. From there you proceed to Mehring, your first Day Finish.
Mehring – Piesport
Still pay a visit to the ruins of the Roman ‚Villa Rustica’. After that continue on the cycle path along the river Mosel via Detzem and Leiwen with their cool childrens’ playgrounds. You cycle past vineyards over to Neumagen-Dhron, the oldest wine-growing community in Germany. Here you may get lucky and spot the true to original Roman wine vessel gliding along on the river Mosel or maybe you might even decide to venture onboard and take part in a culture-trip? Once you arrive in Piesport you can visit the Roman wine pressing facility dating back to the 3rd century.
Piesport – Zeltingen
Today you are yet again accompanied by the colourful vineyards en route. You cycle comfortably along the cycle path past Mühlheim and the countless fabulous half-timber houses on flat terrain. In Lieser you have the option of following a forest adventure trail and discover exciting adventure games along it. Then onwards to Bernhastel-Kues. How about a round of mini golf or do you prefer to relax on the grassy areas of the Moselbad-outdoor pool? Your final stop today is Zeltingen, your Day Finish.
Zeltingen – Zell
After breakfast in Zeltingen we recommend, you quickly enjoy the streetscape of a genuine wine-growing village, then you are on your way again on this cheerful cycling tour. On both sides of the river Mosel you are accompanied again by marvellous vineyards. On very hot days we recommend a detour to the outdoor swimming pool Kröv. You cycle past Traben-Trabach, where you can fittingly pay a visit to the Grevenburg castle ruins. Past Marienburg to Zell, today’s Day Finish, towering on the mountain ridge ‚Zeller Hamm’.
Zell – Cochem
Situated directly along the cycle path just before Zell is the giant water park ‚Zeller Land’. Have some fun there if you fancy before you proceed. Then in the next village, in Alf, yet another large outdoor pool with play area and lawn for sunbathing awaits. Alternatively you can visit the local museum. You continue to Bremm with its winding little alleyways. The courageous ones amongst you can give the ‚Calmont-Via Ferrata’ a try, the steepest vineyard in Europe. After that you continue directly along the river Mosel all the way to Cochem. Take your time for a stroll through this charming town centre.
Cochem – Coblenz
The cycling stage to Coblenz can easily be shortened by train. Whether it is a visit to one of the impressive castles, such as the medieval Eltz castle, or having fun splashing in one of the invigorating outdoor-pools: you mainly determine the distance and course of the route. At the end of your tour you also reach the end of the Mosel cycling path, the ‚German Corner’. The final night is spent in the charming town of Coblenz where you get the chance to recall your fantastic cycling holiday.
Departure or extension
The Mosel cycle path is signedposted throughout and mainly runs along paved or asphalted roads and cycle paths. There are only very few short passages where you encounter a bit of traffic.
| Season 1 |
10.04.2020 - 24.04.2020
03.10.2020 - 20.10.2020
| Season 2 |
25.04.2020 - 24.07.2020
19.09.2020 - 02.10.2020
| Season 3 |
25.07.2020 - 18.09.2020
|Mosel-Cycle Path for families, 8 days, DE-MOATC-08X-EB|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||219.00||219.00||219.00|
|Surcharge half board evening meal 7x (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||229.00||229.00||229.00|
|Surcharge half board (7x) evening meal children aged 6 - 14 (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||169.00||169.00||169.00|
Category: 3***-hotels, inns and guesthouses
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
| Season 1 |
Apr 10, 2020 - Apr 24, 2020
Oct 3, 2020 - Oct 20, 2020
| Season 2 |
Apr 25, 2020 - Jul 24, 2020
Sep 19, 2020 - Oct 2, 2020
| Season 3 |
Jul 25, 2020 - Sep 18, 2020
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||79.00||79.00||79.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||114.00||114.00||114.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||69.00||69.00||69.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||104.00||104.00||104.00|
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Train journey between Cochem and Coblenz
- Return transfer from Cochem and Coblenz possible daily (start in Coblenz approx. 9am), cost EUR 55 per person and bicycle, reservation necessary, payable in advance
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrival by plane at Frankfurt-Hahn-airport and then by bus to Treves in approx. 1 hour. Or arrival by plane in Frankfurt am Main-airport and then by train to Treves in approx. 3 hours.
- Arrival by train in Treves.
- Parking: hotel parking spaces, cost approx. EUR 6 per day, payable on site, no reservation possible. Public car park in Treves, cost approx. EUR 10 - 15 per day, no reservation necessary.
- Return by train in about 1 hour to Treves.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: good basic fitness level and cycling skills. A very easy route ideal for families.
- The Mosel cycle path is signedposted throughout and mainly runs along paved or asphalted roads and cycle paths. There are only very few short passages where you encounter a bit of traffic.