Moselle Cycle Path - comfortable
From Trier to Coblenz.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Trier
Trier is regarded as the oldest city of Germany. Numerous Roman monuments are omnipresent. Your rental bikes are already stored in the hotel.
Before starting the bike tour you should schedule some time to visit the well-known amphitheater as well as the Porta Nigra. Here you can experience and comprehend 2000 years of history. You start your trip and cycle alongside the wonderful Moselle River. Passing Pfalzel and Schweich you will soon reach Mehring. There you can visit the so-called Villa Rustica, a roman relict.
In Trittenheim an educational trail along your route reports on domestic grape variety and Neumagen-Dhron is well-known as the oldest wine village of Germany. In Piesport you can view the Roman cellars from the 3rd century.
Soon you will reach Bernkastel-Kues where many alleys and colorful half-timbered houses will impress. In any case you should taste the well-known “Bernkastler Doctor” (local produced wine). Just another short distance and you have finished your cycle stage arriving in Zeltingen.
Today you cycle through the winegrowing region „Kröver Nacktarsch“ until you reach Traben-Trarbach. Many vineyards accompany you on both sides of the river. Traben-Trarbach offers many architectural masterpieces of art nouveau and Belle Epoque. Your route takes you through the wine region „Zeller Schwarze Katz“ and finally ends in Zell.
Early you arrive in Beilstein, widely known as „Rothenburg on the Moselle river“. Cochem is worth seeing, for example the charming center as well as the Reichsburg castle from the 11th century.
After about 5 kilometers you should make a side trip to the medieval castle „Burg Eltz“, which counts among the most beautiful and best preserved castles of Germany. Located in the heart of nature it offers magnificent views. Back to the Moselle bike path you pass numerous charming wine villages, before you reach Kobern-Gondorf.
Only a short stage and you will reach the final destination Koblenz. The center is situated at the confluence of the Moselle River and the Rhine River and is extremely well-suited for a shopping tour.
The Moselle bike path mostly runs on paved roads and bike trails and is continuously and well signposted. There are only less short sections with more traffic. Altogether a very easy bike tour which is ideally suitable for families with children and doesn´t require more than basic fitness.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room with route maps, route description, local attractions,important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Trier every day, departure at 9 a.m., this costs EUR 55 per person incl your bike, to be paid at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Trier train station
- Frankfurt-Hahn or Frankfurt-Main airport
- Public car park or multi story car park close to the hotel costs from approx. EUR 5 to EUR 16 per day, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!