Your holiday starts with a tour information meeting and bike fitting in the secret wine capital of Germany, where you can visit the city’s winding alleyways, mighty abbey church and the Elwedritschenbrunnen fountain.
The route will lead you through romantic wine villages with unique atmospheres. In the historic fortified city, Landau, you can visit the medieval market hall (Altes Kaufhaus) on the large main square (Rathausplatz) and enjoy the view of the Rhine Valley from the castle Landeck. At the end of today’s stage, we recommend visiting the Baroque palace, the historic Inn “Engel”, and the Westwall museum.
Today, you will pass the wine gate in Schweigen and get to the Alsace city of Wissembourg with its former Benedictine abbey. You will enjoy a leisurely bike ride through the forest Bienwald and the valley Lautertal to the river Rhine. At the end of your tour, you will get to the impressive baroque residence in Rastatt.
After cycling a very nice part of the route along the river Rhine, you will get to the residential city of Karlsruhe with its castle and pyramid. Then, you will cycle through the largest nature reserve of the Pfalz region – the Hördter Rheinauen – and get to the former fortified city Germersheim.
The river Rhine will take you to the imperial city of Speyer and its impressive cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The famous palace and palace garden in Schwetzingen are further highlights of the tour before you will end your day in Germany’s oldest university town.
Today, you will cycle along the river Neckar to Ladenburg, where you can trace two millennia of cultural history. In the old imperial city of Worms, you can visit the imperial cathedral of St Peter, the Luther memorial, or the largest Jewish cemetery in Europe.
The route will take you to the northern part of the German wine road. The medieval village Neuleiningen as well as Freinsheim with its historic old town are worth a visit. In Bad Dürkheim you can visit the biggest wine barrel in the world and the large salt producing site at the spa park.
On this short stage, you will have enough time to enjoy some wine on your way; for example, in the wine villages Wachenheim, Forst, and Deidesheim. Then, you will cycle via the region called “Balcony of the Pfalz” to the city where you started your tour - Neustadt an der Weinstraße.
The routes along the rivers Rhine and Neckar are completely flat, without any climbs. Along the German wine route, you will find yourself on slightly hilly terrain.
Kategorie A: 3*** und 4**** Hotels
Kategorie B: Hotels und Gasthöfe im 3*** Niveau
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Neustadt an der Weinstraße train station
- Karlsruhe/Baden Baden airport
- Cat. A: Free parking at the hotel or close to the hotel. Multi-storey car park costs € 5 - 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation necessary
- Cat. B: Free parking at the hotel or close to the hotel. Multi-storey car park costs € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry tickets in Neuburg approx. € 2,50 / person incl. bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
The 4**** Kurpark-hotel is centrally located, next to the salinas and directly at the Kurpark. The rooms are individually furnished and comfortable. In combination with the SPA-area it is a place to feel good and to enjoy the holidays.
The hotel Luise is located in a historical building from the 19th century. Originally it was a nunnery and nowadays the rooms and suites are renovated, but still the original features are kept. The rooms have a bath and flatscreen-TV.
The breakfast is served in a room with arches or on the terrace.
The hotel Kurparkblick is located in a calm area of Bad Bergzabern. The rooms are equipped with wooden floors, warm colours tints, flatscreen-TV and bath.
Furthermore there is a wellness-area available with sauna and massages.
Castle Hotel Rastatt
The Hotel Castle Rastatt combines comfort with personal service. 20 rooms in a modern and luxurious design provide a memorable comfortable stay