Pfalz Wine Tour - based in one hotel
Leisurely through Vineyards and the Rhine Valley.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Bad Dürkheim
Tour information and bike fitting. It’s just a short walk to the old town and the beautiful spa park, which invite you to take a visit.
Today's stage is devoted to the Pfaelzer wines. The bike tour will lead you through vineyards and wine villages to the secret German wine capital Neustadt. Through the most beautiful wine villages of the Northern Wine Road, Wachenheim and Deidesheim you will cycle back to Bad Dürkheim.
First, the route runs along the river Rhine. Following the Old Rhine arms you will soon reach the old imperial city of Speyer. The Cathedral and the art museum should be visited in any case before you will cycle through the Böhler forest and on the Kaiser Konrad bike trail back to your hotel. You can also go by train from Speyer back to Bad Dürkheim (optional).
Also on today's stage you will find many romantic wine villages on the way. St. Martin is like a picture book town and Edenkoben even was a summer residence of Bavarian kings! Romantic in this area is also the wine road leading up to the French fortress of Landau. Return journey by train on your own (costs about € 9, - including bike).
After a short bike ride, you will soon reach Freinsheim with its baroque town hall. Then you will continue via the winery town of Grünstadt to the medieval castle Neuleinigen. The ones who want to cycle up the slope to the castle can then strengthen themselves again in the castle tavern and enjoy magnificent views. The tour will continue through the vineyards and back to Bad Dürkheim.
On the last day of cycling, the local wineries are on the agenda. Not only the biggest wine barrel in the world is an attraction, also the view is spectacular and many a cosy place invites you to stay. Back in Bad Dürkheim, we have already organized a wine tasting event for you at the winery Fitz-Ritter.
In the vineyards, you will ride your bike on hilly terrain with some mostly short climbs. In the Rhine plain you will cycle a flat route. You will find yourself primarily on bike paths and country roads, which are mostly paved, and on easily accessible nature paths, sometimes you will also cycle shorter sections on rough gravel.
- Accommodation in comfortable rooms
- Large breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Wine tasting incl. 5 different wines at the famous winery Fitz-Ritter (German, English)
- Drinks from the mini bar (1 bottle of coke, water, beer and juice each)
- Free use of the wellness area
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal 6x 3-course dinner or buffet
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bad Dürkheim train station
- Karlsruhe/Baden Baden airport
- Free parking at the hotel or close to the hotel. Multi-storey car park costs € 7 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for train journey to Landau– Bad Dürkheim approx. € 10 / person incl. bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
The 4**** Kurpark-hotel is centrally located, next to the salinas and directly at the Kurpark. The rooms are individually furnished and comfortable. In combination with the SPA-area it is a place to feel good and to enjoy the holidays.