The route will lead you through romantic wine villages with unique atmospheres. In the historic fortified city, Landau, you can visit the medieval market hall (Altes Kaufhaus) on the large main square (Rathausplatz) and enjoy the view of the Rhine Valley from the castle Landeck. At the end of today’s stage, we recommend visiting the Baroque palace, the historic Inn “Engel”, and the Westwall museum.
Today, you will pass the wine gate in Schweigen and get to the Alsace city of Wissembourg with its former Benedictine abbey. You will enjoy a leisurely bike ride through the forest Bienwald and the valley Lautertal to the river Rhine. At the end of your tour, you will get to the impressive baroque residence in Rastatt.
Sample hotel: Ibis Styles
After cycling a very nice part of the route along the river Rhine, you will get to the residential city of Karlsruhe with its castle and pyramid. Then, you will cycle through the largest nature reserve of the Pfalz region – the Hördter Rheinauen – and get to the former fortified city Germersheim. The river Rhine will then take you to the imperial city of Speyer and its impressive cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Sample hotel: Am Wartturm
The famous ensemble of palace and palace gardens in Schwetzingen is just a few kilometers away and is certainly another highlight of the tour. The tour continues through the Rhine plain to Heidelberg, the seat of the oldest German university. Visit the famous palace complex and the unique old town directly on the Neckar. Follow the Neckar to Ladenburg. The many half-timbered houses create a unique ambience. Through extensive forest areas in the Rhine plain, you follow the route to the old imperial city of Worms (legendary cathedral).
Sample hotel: Asgard
Today, you will cycle along the river Neckar to Ladenburg, where you can trace two millennia of cultural history. In the old imperial city of Worms, you can visit the imperial cathedral of St Peter, the Luther memorial, or the largest Jewish cemetery in Europe. Then, you will cycle via the region called “Balcony of the Pfalz” to the city where you started your tour - Neustadt an der Weinstraße.
Sample hotel: Panorama
In the vineyards hilly terrain with mostly short climbs, here the stage lengths have been chosen to be a little shorter. Flat route with longer stages in the Rhine plain. Mainly you are on cycle paths and farm roads, mostly asphalted or easily navigable natural paths, shorter sections sometimes on gravel.
| Season 1 |
03.04.2021 - 30.04.2021
02.10.2021 - 09.10.2021
| Season 2 |
01.05.2021 - 11.06.2021
04.09.2021 - 01.10.2021
| Season 3 |
12.06.2021 - 03.09.2021
|Pfalz bike tour sportive, 7 days, DE-PFRNN-07XS|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||239.00||239.00||239.00|
|Surcharge half board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||189.00||189.00||189.00|
Category: hotels and inns (3*** level)
| Season 1 |
Apr 3, 2021 - Apr 30, 2021
Oct 2, 2021 - Oct 9, 2021
| Season 2 |
May 1, 2021 - Jun 11, 2021
Sep 4, 2021 - Oct 1, 2021
| Season 3 |
Jun 12, 2021 - Sep 3, 2021
|Neustadt an der Weinstraße B Standard|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||65.00||65.00||65.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||100.00||100.00||100.00|
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Neustadt an der Weinstraße train station
- Airport Karlsruhe/Baden Baden or Frankfurt/Main
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. EUR 5 per day, no reservation possible!
- Free, unguarded parking next to the hotel
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry tickets in Neuburg approx. EUR 2,50 / person incl. bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here.