Arrive in Hann. Münden
Arrival is organised by you. You then move into your accommodation.
Cycle tour to Kassel
You start your family cycle tour by cycling along the river Fulda to Kassel, which is the „capital of the German Fairy Tale Route“ and then you will go straight into your fairy tale adventure. The Brothers Grimm are omnipresent here as they spent a large part of their lives here in Kassel. Their famous Children and Household tales were translated into over 170 different languages. After these great impressions you will either get back on your bike or take a train back to “Hann. Münden“.
Today you will cycle along enjoyable paths first towards the commune of Oberweser. In Oberweser-Oldesheim, puss-in-boots is waiting for you whilst Snow White and the seven dwarves are waiting for you in Oberweser-Giselwerder. You can marvel at the miniatures in the open-air museum, “Der Mühlenplatz”. Then you continue on your way to Bad Karlshafen.
Bad Karlshafen – Höxter
From Bad Karlshafen, your will cycle to Beverungen, which you reach after several kilometres. Seeing that this small town predominantly remained untouched during the wars, you will find many historical buildings here. Taking a break is worth it! You will then continue cycling to Höxter, the „home“ of Hansel and Gretel. Marvel at the Hansel and Gretel fountain and listen to the free stage at the market place. But remember to be wary of the wicked witch!
Höxter – Bodenwerder
If you didn’t get locked into the wicked witch’s house, then you can continue your journey today. You will cycle past the Corvey monastery and then cycle comfortably further on to Holzminden. Here you can explore the fragrances and aromas from 18 different “smelling sites”. So, keep following your nose! Then you cycle past Polle and the castle ruin from the Count Eberstein before you cycle on towards Bodenwerder.
Bodenwerder – Hameln
At the end of this magical, fairy-tale tour you will cycle along the river Weser to Hameln. Here you can spend some time and then head back follow the tracks of the famous Pied Piper. The legend about the Pied Piper already existed in the year 1284 and the origins of this town date even further back in time. Here you will experience lots of traditional and incredible things towards the end of your tour.
Simple navigation. The Weser bike path mainly runs along quiet side roads or traffic-free roads and tarmac cycle paths. There are only very small ascents and descents.
Category: 4**** and 3*** hotels, nice guesthouses
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Return journey back to Hann. Münden takes about 3 hours or use the organised transfer costing about EUR 35 incl. Bike. Reservation is essential, pay at the time, limited amount of space, no child seats available.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Hannover or Padderborn and with the train in about 2 hours to Hann. Münden.
- Take the train to “Hann. Münden “and then take the taxi to your hotel or walk there in a few minutes.
- Parking: parking places in “Hann. Münden“, approx EUR 5 – EUR 10 per day, no reservation is possible.
- Departure by Train to Hann. Münden in approx. 3 hours.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness and cycle skills. A route perfectly-suited for families.
- Simple navigation. The Weser bike path mainly runs along quiet side roads or traffic-free roads and tarmac cycle paths. There are only very small ascents and descents.