Arrival in Bolzano
Tour information meeting and bike fitting. We recommend taking a walk through the capital city of South Tyrol.
From Bolzano, you will cycle along the river Eisack and then on a newly opened cycle path to Merano. The spa town at the junction of the rivers Passer and Adige is waiting for you with its many attractions (ancient fortress, Tappeiner way, spa promenade, Post Bridge …). Your way back will lead you via Lana (Schnatterpeck Altar), through orchards and vineyards, to Eppan and back to your hotel.
You will cycle on the bike path past the castle Sigmundskron (Messner Mountain Museum) and continue to Eppan with fantastic views across the valley to Lake Caldaro. You will find a huge number of grapes and apples along the way. Later, you will return through the nature reserve Montiggler Seen (possibilities for swimming!) and slightly uphill to Bolzano.
Today, you will ride your bike southwards on the Adige bike path from South Tyrol, via Salurn, into the Trentino area. Immediately after leaving the German-speaking part of Italy behind you, you will get the chance to try some wonderful pasta dishes (included in the tour package price). Trento’s picturesque old town with its cathedral, numerous palaces, the Castello del Buonconsiglio, and of course cosy cafes and colourful shops is your final destination today. Return transfer by train to Bolzano.
The day starts with a train journey to Brixen. The old cathedral town is beautifully located in the middle of vineyards. You should definitely visit the picturesque old town with its arcades and cathedral. On your way back to Bolzano, you will come across the medieval town of Klausen with the monastery Säben. Then, you will cycle downhill on an old railway line which was transformed into a beautiful bike path.
The panoramic cable car will take you up to 1,221 metres of altitude to Upper Bolzano. By bike (or alternatively by narrow gauge railway) you will get to Lake Wolfsgrubensee and further to Klobenstein. From there, it is only a short distance to the unique earth pillars, a fantastic natural phenomenon. Then you will return to Upper Bolzano and take the cable car back down to the valley. Alternatively, you can descent from Klobenstein to the Eisacktal valley.
Departure or extension
Many bike paths and farm tracks lead through orchards and vineyards. Only sometimes you will find yourself on short connecting roads with moderate traffic. You will mainly cycle downhill on flat roads, but there are also some short climbs. For almost all stages there are shortcuts or extensions you can take instead of taking the routes described below.
Hotel: Hotel Scala Stiegl 4**** in Bolzano
- Accommodation in “Comfort” rooms
- Breakfast buffet
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Train journey from Trento - Bolzano and from Bolzano – Brixen both incl. your bike
- 1 Return ticket with the Rittenbahn, bike is not included
- 1 pasta meal for lunch
- Bolzano Card with many free admissions (e.g. "Ötzi Museum", Messner Mountain Museum, etc.) and cost-free use of several cable cars (e.g. Jenesien, Kohlern, etc.) and numerous discounts at the bonus partners
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bolzano train station
- Verona airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. EUR 70 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
Things to note:
- Bike ticket for ascent and descent at Rittenbahn costs approx. EUR 7 per bike
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Hotel Scala Stiegl, Bolzano
The 4**** hotel Scala Stiegl is located in the heart of Bolzano presenting its beautiful art nouveau façade and offering historic charm.