Passau - Budapest - Passau, MS Primadonna
Along the Danube to Budapest.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Passau
Arrive at the secure fenced car park before 4pm arrive at Passau main station by 16.45 h. Bus transfer from car park or from main station to the ship available for an additional charge. Welcome snacks are offered on board from 4pm. The captain’s welcome dinner is at 8pm. There will be a 4-course menu and the MS Primadonna shall depart!
Distribution of bicycle rentals at the Schlögen Bend in the morning. Individual bike ride through the uninhabited narrow valley near Kaiserau to Ottensheim and further on to Linz.
Today you can visit the Egon Schiele museum and garden exhibition (with 65 gardens) in Tulln. Afterwards you can cycle from Tulln (“city of flowers”), with a wonderful view on the foothills of the Viennese Wood (Wiener Wald), past Klosterneuburg (monastery – Austrian Escorial) to Vienna. Individual sightseeing in Vienna or a city tour by bike (95 % on cycle tracks / description available on board). Optional: after dinner at aprox. 20:30 there is a city tour by bus “Vienna by night”.
You cycle on very lovely traffic-free dam paths often directly by the Danube river on the left-hand side of the river to Esztergom. You will go past Moča on the way and through sleepy villages. At 5pm there is a tour of the cathedral, which is the third largest domed building in Europe and that has the largest altarpiece worldwide. You will go via the Gisela bridge to Štúrovo, which is opposite Esztergom. You cruise through the Danube bend.
In the morning, you can do a city tour of Budapest by bus directly from the boat landing station. In the afternoon, there is a circular cycle ride by bike on the 8km long car-free island Margareten in Budapest.
Guided city tour through Bratislava's old town. Afterwards on the Danube cycling route to Devin/national memorial of Slovakia. Cross the new bike bridge to Austria, to the magnificent palace of the Empress Maria Theresia, castle Hof (significant Baroque gardens, staterooms, etc.) and back to Bratislava.
Follow the Danube cycling path from Krems (UNESCO world cultural heritage) via Dürnstein to Melk (monastery) and further on to Pöchlarn.
Arrival in Passau is at about 8am. After breakfast (at approx. 9am) there is a bus transfer to Passau main train station or to the car park (if booked).
Flat and slightly downhill, for relaxed cycling, suitable also for beginners.
- 7 nights in a double cabin with SHW/WC/TV/AC in the booked category
- Welcome snack on arrival day
- Daily 4-course dinner
- Daily 3-course lunch or packed lunch for cyclers
- Daily american breakfast buffet
- Daily afternoon coffee/tea and cake
- Daily midnight snack
- All harbour fees
- One partial-body massage (approx. 20 min.) and a traditional shave per cabin
- Daily personal route information for the following cycling day
- On board travel guide
- City tour by Bus “Vienna by night”
- City tour by Bus in Budapest
- Guided Tour Bratislava (by foot)
- Detailed route description & cycling maps
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Passau main station is about 5 km away from the pier
- Arrival by train: from each train station transfer, park garage - boat - park garage €106 (details on request)
- Parking space (fenced area) incl. transfer parking space – boat – parking space € 66 per week
- Park garage incl. transfer park garage – boat – park garage €77 per week (Application form in your travel documents, pay there)
Number of participants
- Minimum of 50 people
- Timetable and program are subject to change. At times of extreme flooding or low water the boat owning company is allowed to transport you by bus or to cancel the whole tour. There is no demand against that (water level is subject to force majeure clause). This is also the case for unforeseeable incidents like the reparation of a water gate/bridge or in case of an engine breakdown of the boat.
- Please keep in mind that your boat is your hotel on the one hand and motor-driven transport on the other hand. It has to move on at night as well. If you are sensitive to noise, please bring earplugs with you.