Passau - Vienna - Passau, MS Wolga
Danube cycle Path, MS wolga
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival at Passau
Arrive at fenced-in car park until 4 pm or arrival at Passau main station by 4.45 pm (e.g. arrival with train ICE 27). Bus transfer from car park or from main station to the ship available (for an additional charge) or individual arrival to the ship. Welcome-coffee and cake starting at 4 pm on the ship; Welcome dinner with introduction of the crew. Cast off, at 8 pm!
On the royal set of the Danube cycle path through the well-known river
meander “Donauschlinge” to Wilhering – the church of the thousand angels;
further to Linz (European Capital of Culture 2009)
Cycle past the Pragstein castles (gothic/museum), Wallsee (Habsburg) and
Greinburg (Saxe-Coburg) to Grein (Baroque city with beautiful old town).
Via ferry from Grein to Wiesen (approx. € 5.50 on spot) or over the bridge 2.5
km upstream to the right Danube bench. Cycle past the black wall and the
Nibelung-city Ybbs to Melk; dependent upon level of fitness, by liner (+€ 17,-
/on-site) or by bike to Spitz (+ around 17 km), one of the most famous Austrian wine-growing areas in the Wachau Valley (3 castles, monasteries, BurgMountain/1000-Eimer-Berg, among others), where the best Austrian whitewines are made.
Continue on through the Wachau Valley, the most well-known section of the
Danube; cycle to Dürnstein (UNESCO, with fortress/magnificent visibility) and
Krems, formerly the richest city in Austria. Continue to the floral town of Tulln
(Landgardens/magnificent grounds, charnel house, baroque centre, Roman
Passing the Austrian Escorial, Klosterneuburg Monastery on to Vienna.
Individual city tour. Detailed information "Vienna on 100% on car-free bike
paths" take you from the ship to St. Stephen's Cathedral on easy-to-find
routes. At booking the optional excursion package: City bus tour "Vienna by night". 22.30 h “Cast off” from Vienna.
In the late morning arrival in Mauthausen. Continue along the Danube cycle
path to Austria's oldest city to Enns and to the monastery of St. Florian (main
baroque in Upper Austria); Entrance / guided tour (1h). At booking the optional excursion package: entrance/guided monastery tour St. Florian. Via Abwinden and Asten to Linz. Return of bikes on the ship. At 22.00 h cast off to Passau.
Arrival in Passau at around 7.30 am – bus transfer to the train station or car park (if booked) after breakfast at approx. 9 am
Flat and slightly downhill, for relaxed cycling, suitable also for beginners.
|Jul 7, 2018
|Jul 21, 2018
|Aug 4, 2018
- 7 nights in a double cabin with SHW/WC/AC in the booked category
- daily all inclusive board: breakfast buffet, 3-course lunch or packed lunch for cyclers, afternoon coffee/tea and cake, 4-course dinner, midnight snack
- welcome coffee/tea and cake on arrival day
- non-alcoholic beverages: soft drinks, filter coffee, tea from 8.00 to 24.00
- alcoholic beverages: house wine, draught beer from 8.00 to 24.00
- all harbour dues
- daily personal route information for the following cycling day
- detailed route description & cycling maps
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Passau main station is about 5 km away from the pier
- Arrival by train: from each train station transfer, park garage - boat - park garage €106 (details on request)
- Parking space (fenced area) incl. transfer parking space – boat – parking space € 66 per week
- Park garage incl. transfer park garage – boat – park garage €77 per week (Application form in your travel documents, pay there)
Number of participants
- Minimum of 50 people
- Timetable and program are subject to change. At times of extreme flooding or low water the boat owning company is allowed to transport you by bus or to cancel the whole tour. There is no demand against that (water level is subject to force majeure clause). This is also the case for unforeseeable incidents like the reparation of a water gate/bridge or in case of an engine breakdown of the boat.
- Please keep in mind that your boat is your hotel on the one hand and motor-driven transport on the other hand. It has to move on at night as well. If you are sensitive to noise, please bring earplugs with you.
This tour has 5 more variants
The comfortable middle-class-ship MS Wolga enjoyed a general renovation in 1992/93 and frequent ongoing modernizations. It runs under the Ukrainian flag.