Itinerary at a glance
Individual arrival to Enkhuizen, approx. 65 km (60 minutes by car) north-west of Amsterdam. Embarkation starts at 2 pm. In the evening aperitif and welcome briefing with the skipper. He will inform you about the journey, the boat and the security on board.
Today the ship sails from Enkhuizen to Den Oever with its fishing harbour. You can stay on board and sail over the IJsselmeer or you can grab a bike and start your first cycling tour along the IJsselmeer coast through the beautiful polder-landscape to Medemblik. After the bike tour the ship will sail further to Den Oever. Depending on the weather in the evening the ship will sail across the Wadden Sea to the Island of Texel.
Explore Texel island with its diversified landscape and picturesque villages. Circular bike tour on the biggest Dutch North Sea Island. Tip: do the well signposted Thijsse route or visit the seal rearing station 'EcoMare'.
Today the ship will sail, when the tide and the weather is good, to the island of Terschelling. You will manoeuvre through the sandbanks of the Wadden Sea and when you are lucky you will see seals lying to rest on a sandbar. In the afternoon the ship will arrive on the island. While sailing you will enjoy an extensive lunch on board. No dinner will be served tonight, to enable you to explore the island, but you can make yourself a picnic meal or why not try one of the nice restaurants at Terschelling (not inclusive)?
Terschelling offers a lot: nature and culture, 70 km cycling tracks and 4 beautiful villages. West-Terschelling is the largest village on the island with nice shops and pubs. The landmark of the island can already be seen well from a distance: the 400 year old lighthouse “Brandaris”. Also worth seeing is the heath land “Boschplaat”. It captivates with its mud, beaches and dunes. You might even spot a number of ducks, black-winged stilts and large colonies of spoonbills and great black-backed gulls. In the late afternoon the ship will cross the Wadden Sea and sail to Harlingen, the most important harbour city of the province of Friesland.
Your bike tour starts in Harlingen. Across Franeker with its popular planetarium from Eise Eisinga, you will cycle through the beautiful and roomy Frisian landscape with its tiny villages to Makkum. If you´re in to take the long trip, you can come to Bolsward, one of the eleven Frisian towns.
Today you take your bike and ride from Makkum to Stavoren. The short route passes the old trading town Hindeloopen where the famous painting comes from. Also, there is the first Frisian ice-skate museum. The long tour crosses many Frisian lakes and shows a different scenery. In Stavoren, you take your ship and sail to Enkhuizen.
After breakfast disembarkation until 09.30 am and individual trip home.
The possible bike tours are dependant on which route the sailing boat goes. Due to the large number of cycle paths in Holland, it is a true paradise for cyclists there. The routes are flat and are therefore easy.
Prices and dates
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Tour and accommodation on board of the Mare fan Fryslan in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- 8 days / 7 nights
- Full board (7x breakfast, 5x picnic lunch during bike tours and 1x three course lunch, 6x Coffee and Tea on board till 4 pm , 6x three course dinner and 1 x packed dinner)
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- Welcoming drink and -speech on the first evening
- Use of bed linen and towels
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Board tour guide by the crew with daily briefings of the bike tours
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily individual bike tours
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- GPS data
- Bike rental insurance € 10/week, for e-bikes € 25/week. Risk and limitation of liability in the case of damage or loss of the rental bike by you.
- Parking space for own bike € 10, for own electric bike € 25.
- Helmets: You can rent a helmet for 10 € per week. Reservation in advance is compulsory. Payment in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train to Enkhuizen station: the pier is within walking distance
- Free public car park near the train station, no reservation possible
Things to note
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The use of your own bike is limited due to space on deck! Please specify when booking whether your own bike is an electric or normal bike.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycles.
- Minimum number of participants: 18
- This tour is a partner tour.