Panoramic Tour - based in one hotel
Zell am See.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Maishofen
The remaining travel documents and rental bikes (if booked) can be found in the hotel.
Today you will cycle past Castle Prielau to the lake's shore. There you will continue along the lake's edge to Zell am See with its beautiful old town centre (pedestrian zone, historic parish church) and further into the Schüttdorf moor. You will return along the other side of the lake with stunning views of the mountain city and the mountain Schmittenhöhe.
You will take the Krimml train from Zell am See (excl. bicycle ticket, approx. €2.50/bike) up into the Oberpinzgau region to the Krimml waterfalls (Europe's highest waterfall). On your way back you will cycle steadily downhill over the national park towns Hollerbach (herbal village), Stuhlfelden (Castle Liechtenau, Castle Habach) and Mittersill (national park museum, castle). The route can be interrupted and shortened by train at any time.
On the fourth day you will cycle through the small moor bath Neunbrünnen to the riverbanks of the Saalach river and further to the Leogang Ache. The mine will take you back to times long past. The silver ore for the famous Salzburg silver coins was reduced here. The richest mineral deposit in Salzburg holds 70 partly very rare kinds of minerals, which can be admired in the mineral cabinet. After your day trip, you will return back to your hotel through lush meadows and on beautifully landscaped paths.
Twice a week a tour bus goes up the Großglockner mountain, Austria's highest mountain. From the Hochtor lookout point at 2,503 metres you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the surrounding peaks. A national park ranger will tell you lots of interesting facts about the flora and fauna. (Trip not included, price approx. € 29 per person / operating times from mid June to late September).
Today you will cycle through a small rural hamlet, first to Maria Alm and then to Saalfelden. From there you will continue along the river Saalach to Weißbach to the Seisenbergklamm gorge. In 1831, woodcutters constructed a 600 metre long path on which visitors can now explore the gorge. Later, you will cycle back to your hotel past Lake Ritzensee and through the Kolling woods.
You will cycle on pretty much flat routes in the river valleys of the Salzach and Saalach rivers. Only when the bike path leaves the riverbank does the terrain get slightly hilly. You will find yourself mostly on paved bike paths and quiet side streets. Only very short sections will be cycled on busier roads.
- Accommodation in Hotel Schloss Kammer
- Breakfast buffet
- 6 x half board (3-course menu), 1x Pinzgauer Kasnockenpfanne meal as part of half board
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Brandy tasting in the historic cellar of the castle
- Hearty snack at the Kammer-Eck mountain cabin (bread with bacon and a glass of cider, only with option 8/7)
- Salzburger Land Card with more than 190 free or discounted admissions for different attractions, train journey from Zell am See – Krimml excl. your bike
- Free admission to the public swimming area Maishofen/Lake Zellersee
- A guided hike (minimum of 4 people, only with option 8/7)
- Free Maishofen bicycle golf, incl. map, scorecard, and golf clubs
- Use of all hotel offers (swimming pond, sauna, stone bath,…)
- 1x voucher for the solarium
- 1x voucher for the infrared cabin
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Zell am See train station
- Salzburg airport
- Free parking at the hotel
Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!
Hotel Schloss Kammer
The family has been leading the agricultural and touristic family business for eight generations now. The castle, which was fully renovated in 1994 and 2007, will take you back to ancient times and still you won’t miss any modern comfort. The hotel restaurant is widely known for its Pinzgau specialities. The Badstub`n spa invites you to relax.