Arrival in Maishofen
Arrive in Maishofen and move into your accommodation. The travel documents and rental bikes (if booked) are in your hotel.
It’s time to set off to explore where you will be staying on holiday by bike. Boredom will be miles away because there are plenty of places to play and have fun! Equipped with a map and golf clubs, you will head from one gold course to the next. That’s how you will explore the best spots in Maishofen whilst playing at the same time. In the meantime, you can take a break at one of the many guest houses and farms to fuel up with some regional food. Who will manage to get the most hole in ones despite the obstacles?
On flat paths, you will go along lake Zell’s promenade and around the crystal-clear lake Zell. 3 lidos offer you swimming fun for the whole family for when you want to take a break from the cycling. If you haven’t used up your urge to move, you can try out Stand Up Paddling excellently or even water skiing on lake Zell. Then you will head back to Maishofen via Thumersbach and the Schüttdorfer moor.
For both big and small this a unique nature show and a fascination experience: the Krimml waterfalls. They are even Europe’s largest! When on holiday in Salzburger Land, a visit to these waterfalls should not be missed out on. So, get on the Krimml train and head off to the waterfalls. From there you will keep cycling downhill back to Maishofen. If wished, you can shorten your route with the train.
Today’s cycle tour starts off being slightly hilly to Saalfelden and then further on to lake Ritzen. The giant natural swimming pool is well-known for its pleasant water temperatures, the great kid pools and the cool play area. Here you can play some mini golf. Those who want to can extend their cycle tour to the summer toboggan run Biberg. You will then have a small ascent to climb and then a speedy descent down to Maishofen.
Option for a guided hiking tour (minimum of 4 participants) onto one of Maishofen’s mountains with a view. Alternatively, a short hiking tour (approx. 1 hour) onto the ‘Schwalbenwand’ to the alp ‘Kammer-Eck-Alm’ enjoying a traditional lunch there.
Departure or extension
Today the mountains say “farewell” to you. But admittedly: there is still a lot to do and explore in this region. High ropes park, visiting the glaciers and lots more. So maybe you would like to stay another day in Maishofen?
Almost entirely flat route along the Salzach and Saalach valleys, often along the Tauern-Cycle Path. Only small hills when the cycle route leaves the riverside. You mainly cycle on bike paths and very quiet side roads. Very short sections on busy roads.
| Season 1 |
24.04.2021 - 07.05.2021
01.10.2021 - 09.10.2021
| Season 2 |
08.05.2021 - 18.06.2021
11.09.2021 - 30.09.2021
| Season 3 |
19.06.2021 - 10.09.2021
|Tauern–based in one hotel for families, 7 days, AT-ZEAMA-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Extra bed 0-5 years||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Exra bed 6-11 years||339.00||339.00||339.00|
|Extra bed 12-14 years||469.00||469.00||469.00|
|Extra bed from 15 years||629.00||669.00||699.00|
|Surcharge single room||69.00||69.00||69.00|
Category: 4**** Landhotel Schloss Kammer
Child prices when they are staying in the same room as two fully paying adults. Costs for children younger than 6 are to be paid for locally at the time.
- Accommodation in Hotel Schloss Kammer
- Breakfast buffet
- 6 x half board (3-course menu), 1 x Pinzgauer Kasnockenpfanne meal as part of half board
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- 1x voucher for solarium
- 1x Infrared cabin voucher
- Entrance to the lido in Maishofen/Zeller See
- 1x Bike golf incl. map and clubs
- Train journey from Zell am See – Krimml (without bike ticket only 7/6)
- Entrance to the Krimml waterfalls
- Salzburger Land Card with lots of privileges included (Entrance to Museum Schloss Ritzen, Hohe Tauern national park center and much more)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room (German, English, French) with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Zell am See train station
- Salzburg airport
- Free parking at the hotel
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!