Bavarian Lake Tour
Bavarian Lake Tour
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Your first walk along Lake Starnberg or even a refreshing swim already awaits today.
Initially the cycle path leads you to the southern shores of Lake Starnberg until Seeshaupt. You cycle along marvellous paths through original Bavarian villages, past the Osterseen lakes and Lake Riegsee until you reach Murnau on Lake Staffelsee.
You start the tour by cycling through the nature reserve ‚Murnauer Moos’ (biggest moor area in Central Europe). Onwards through unspoilt nature following the river Loisach to Garmisch Partenkirchen. This stage is deliberately kept short, which means you have time for a ride up by the ‚Zugspitzbahn’-railway to a height of 2962 metres (autonomously). From there you have a fantastic view over the Alps.
You take a train ride to Scharnitz and cover 300 metres in altitude. From there you continue slightly uphill through wild-romantic gorges and lush alpine pastures to the Isar river source. Back through the sunny high-altitude valley with marvellous panoramic views onto the Karwendel and the Wetterstein mountain ranges via Mittenwald to Wallgau – a village where Bavarian traditions are still alive today.
Past the ‚Isarwinkel’, following the crystal clear, turquoise-blue water to the impressive lake Sylvensteinsee and via Lenggries through atmospheric scenery to Bad Tölz. This village is situated at the intersection point of two trading routes – the river Isar and the old salt route from Reichenhall into the Allgäu region – it quickly developed into a booming handling spot. The ornate houses are still testimony to this area.
Through the charming scenery around Lake Tegernsee until Gmund on Lake Tegernsee with a fabulous lake panorama. Then you return along the Gaißbach valley to Bad Tölz. The thermal springs of the spa ‚Alpamare’ will rejuvenate any sore muscles. Follow the traces of the well-known TV-series ‚Der Bulle von Tölz’ along the high road of Bad Tölz.
For the finale, another casual stage via soft rolling hills and through lush meadows back to the starting point of this round trip. If you have not done it already, we recommend a swim in the crystal clear waters of Lake Starnberg as a final highlight of this tour.
Overall easy tour. There are just a few short ascents which can also be mastered by pushing the bike up. You cycle on marvellous cycle paths and on little side road, on main roads only for short sections. The route is mainly asphalted, several longer segments also on well-maintained dirt roads.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Train journey from Garmisch Partenkirchen – Scharnitz
- 1x traditonal veal sausage breakfast
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bernried or Wolfratshausen train station
- Munich airport
- Free parking, no reservation possible/ necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for train journey to Garmisch – Scharnitz approx. € 5/bike
- Necessary expenses not included in the price of the trip. When possible all costs will be included in the quote, otherwise only the nature of the costs will be described.
Hotel Seeblick Bernried
Showcasing a playground and views of the lake, Hotel Seeblick is located in Bernried.
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten
Our reposeful, traditional hotel is situated in the heart of Garmisch-Partenkirchen at the foot of the Alps.
In the middle of Garmisch-Partenkirchen the ATLAS Posthotel stands proudly on the foundation walls since 1512 A.D. and was named first as a tavern during the Thirty Years War.