Arrive in Neustadt an der Weinstraße and then move into your accommodation. You will then get given information and your rental bikes (if booked). Then you can walk through the old town with its little alleyways whilst enjoying the last rays of the evening sun. Alternatively, you can go to one of the town’s play areas.
Neustadt – Speyer
In the morning, you head out of the vineyard area on easy paths through the Rhine valley. Your route takes you past the Holiday Park Pfalz. Here you really can’t miss out on taking a detour: Shows and rides, rollercoasters and rapid rides. You then continue until you get to the cathedral town of Speyer with its medieval inner city.
Speyer – Ladenburg
Whether you choose to go to Sea Life, to visit a museum or a ropes course, there are a lot of adventures to be had here. Then you will set out on this ideal route for families past lots of great natural landscapes towards Heidelberg. Several times throughout the day you will have a chance to cool down in an outdoor swimming pool. For example, the “Ketsch” or “bellamar” pools. You will cycle through Heidelberg with its many attractions – for example the zoo or the “Märchenparadies” and then you will cycle along the river Neckar until you get to Ladenburg where you will spend your first night.
Ladenburg – Worms
In Ladenburg you can admire the typical half-timbered houses. But don’t stop for too long here! Today a great route is waiting for you with lots of nature observations! You will be heading through extensive forest area in the Rhine valley. You will cycle through the Käfertal valley and past a game reserve. At the edge of the nature protection area “Lamertheimer Altrhein”, you can observe lots of partly endangered species of birds. At the end of your stage, you will get to the Imperial city, Worms.
Worms – Grünstadt
There is still time along with today’s cycle ride to visit the zoo, the museums or one of the outdoor swimming pool in the Nibelung town, Worms. Then you will cycle past the Karl-Bittel-Park and the school museum via Bockenheim whilst always cycling along the fruity vineyards to Grünstadt, where you will get to the second-largest German wine-growing region: the deutsche Weinstraße. Here you can put your legs up and feast on the Palatinate specialties.
Grünstadt – Bad Dürkheim
Your cycle route will require you to cycle through the gently hilly landscape surrounded by the vineyards. Today is therefore a bit more demanding than the previous days. That’s why it is a bit shorter too. This will allow you to enjoy the views even more. Those who like being particularly active and those who like walking in particular should visit the Teufelsfelsen or the Drachenfelsen, the highest point in the Palatinate forest. Those who like being more laid-back can end their day’s cycling with a visit to Dürkheim’s giant cask, the largest wine cask in the world. You can also get tasty food here.
Continue cycling along the wine road via Deidesheim and take a short detour to the adventure garden or the “Oase” swimming pool. Then you cross the “balcony” of the Palatinate to Neustadt. Once you have arrived there is a lot to discover. The railway museum is a great experience for prospective train drivers. And, did you already get time to go to the Holiday Park Pfalz? If not, today is the perfect time to do so.
Departure or extension
Today it is time to say goodbye to the vineyards. Or would you prefer to stay another day in the sunny Palatinate to experience yet more adventures?
Mainly short stages each with lots of time for other activities.
Category: 3*** hotels and guest houses, 1x 4**** hotel
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Karlsruhe/Baden Baden and then take the train in about 2.5 hours to Neustadt an der Weinstraße.
- Take the train to Neustadt an der Weinstraße.
- Parking: free hotel car parking or multi-storey car park for EUR 5 – EUR 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness and cycle skills. The route is well-suited for families.
- Mainly short stages each with lots of time for other activities.