Arrive at lake Starnberg and move into your accommodation. The travel documents and the rental bikes (if booked) are in your hotel.
Fresh and raring to go, you will start your cycle tour in Bavaria along the edge of lake Starnberg. Then you will continue cycling through the nature protection area “Osterseen” (Easter lakes) where 19 small lakes form a unique highland moor area. A true free time paradise, which invites you to go for a swim. Next, you cycle past one of Bavaria’s warmest lakes – the lake Froschhauser and then you will arrive in Murnau. There is enough time for you to have a look at one of the museums or to wonder through the colourful old town.
You say Murnau with his beautiful town square "goodbye" and let's go. Passing the Murnauer Moos and the famous horse stud Schwaiganger, the Kochelsee soon appears. The Franz Marc Museum is particularly recommendable here!
Kochelsee – Bad Tölz
A stage with a lot of time to enjoy. After just a few kilometers through the Kocheler Moos, the shady beer garden of the Benediktbeuern Abbey invites you to take a first rest. Afterwards there is a lot to see in Bad Tölz! Two old trade routes have made the city rich, as the beautifully decorated town houses on marketstreet show.
At the end of your cycle tour, you head back to the second largest lake in Bavaria. If you haven’t already, you should take a break in a shady beer garden today and try out the regional Bavarian food. Once you have arrived at the lake side, you can relax wonderfully. Take a boat ride across the lake or enjoy one of the tasty homemade pastries in one of the many cafes. Maybe you will spot one of the celebs that often head to lake Starnberg.
You mainly cycle along cycle paths and quiet side roads. Between Wallgau and Fall there is a longer section on slightly busier roads.
| Season 1 |
03.04.2021 - 30.04.2021
25.09.2021 - 09.10.2021
| Season 2 |
01.05.2021 - 11.06.2021
11.09.2021 - 24.09.2021
| Season 3 |
12.06.2021 - 10.09.2021
|Isar-Cycle Path for families, 5 days, DE-MUASS-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Surcharge half board 4x (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||109.00||109.00||109.00|
|Surcharge half board 4x children aged 6 - 14 (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||59.00||59.00||59.00|
Category: 3*** hotels, guest houses and bed and breakfasts
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
| Season 1 |
Apr 3, 2021 - Apr 30, 2021
Sep 25, 2021 - Oct 9, 2021
| Season 2 |
May 1, 2021 - Jun 11, 2021
Sep 11, 2021 - Sep 24, 2021
| Season 3 |
Jun 12, 2021 - Sep 10, 2021
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||75.00||75.00||75.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||114.00||114.00||114.00|
- Overnight stays as stated
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Individual canoe or a SUP-tour in Fall by the Hotel possible on request, ca. EUR 22 per person
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Munich and then take the train to lake Starnberg in about 1.5 hours.
- Take the train to Munich and then take another train to Bernried in about 40 minutes. From there you can walk or take a taxi to your hotel. Or take a train to Munich and then take the S-Bahn in about 1 hour to Wolfratshausen. From there you can take a bus or a taxi to your hotel. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Parking: free car parking spaces, no reservation is possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and cycle skills. The route is well-suited for families.