Arrive at lake Starnberg and move into your accommodation. The travel documents and the rental bikes (if booked) are in your hotel.
Fresh and raring to go, you will start your cycle tour in Bavaria along the edge of lake Starnberg. Then you will continue cycling through the nature protection area “Osterseen” (Easter lakes) where 19 small lakes form a unique highland moor area. A true free time paradise, which invites you to go for a swim. Next, you cycle past one of Bavaria’s warmest lakes – the lake Froschhauser and then you will arrive in Murnau. There is enough time for you to have a look at one of the museums or to wonder through the colourful old town.
Today you cycle through central Europe’s largest moorland area – the nature protection area “Murnauer Moos”. Whether you take the barefoot trail or the moorland educational trail: it is exciting for both young and old. Then you follow the river Loisach until you get to Garmisch Partenkirchen. But before you get to where you will be staying tonight, it is worth taking a detour to Farchant to go along the forest discovery track and see the Kuhflucht cascades. A great destination for both children and friends of nature.
Enjoy a view of Germany’s highest mountain, the Zugspitze. Then you set off! Along today’s stage there are lots of opportunities for a quick swim or cooling off in one of the refreshing mountain lakes. Take a detour to the adventure play area in Krün until you get and then continue your way along the crystal-clear turquoise blue water until you get to the centre of Fall.
Fall – Bad Tölz
Today you will leave the picturesque lake Sylvenstein and continue your way. You will cross mighty dam walls and cycle along the river Isar via Lenggries to Bad Tölz. Water lovers swim in the between times in natural outdoor pools or in fun pools. Nature friends explore the nature discovery trail along the Isar and climbers visit the high ropes park in Isarwinkel. At the end of the stage, you will arrive in Bad Tölz, which spreads its Bavarian charm with its historical market road.
At the end of your cycle tour, you head back to the second largest lake in Bavaria. If you haven’t already, you should take a break in a shady beer garden today and try out the regional Bavarian food. Once you have arrived at the lake side, you can relax wonderfully. Take a boat ride across the lake or enjoy one of the tasty homemade pastries in one of the many cafes. Maybe you will spot one of the celebs that often head to lake Starnberg.
Departure or extension
Today it is time to say goodbye to the hospitality and Bavaria’s slackness. Or maybe you would like to stay one day longer and explore the area?
You mainly cycle along cycle paths and quiet side roads. Between Wallgau and Fall there is a longer section on slightly busier roads.
Category: 3*** hotels, guest houses and bed and breakfasts
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Individual canoe or a SUP-tour in Fall by the Hotel possible on request, ca. EUR 22 per person, payable in time
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Munich and then take the train to lake Starnberg in about 1.5 hours.
- Take the train to Munich and then take another train to Bernried in about 40 minutes. From there you can walk or take a taxi to your hotel. Or take a train to Munich and then take the S-Bahn in about 1 hour to Wolfratshausen. From there you can take a bus or a taxi to your hotel. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Parking: free car parking spaces, no reservation is possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and cycle skills. The route is well-suited for families.
- You mainly cycle along cycle paths and quiet side roads. Between Wallgau and Fall there is a longer section on slightly busier roads.