Lahn Cycle Path with Charm
Tranquil dream of nature.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Marburg
Visit the historic old town and Elisabeth church. Your rental bicycle is ready for you at the hotel.
You cycle in wide Lahn valley past idyllic little bathing ponds to Wetzlar. Explore the old town and interesting dome.
Cross the stony bridge to leave Wetzlar and soon you reach the old mine Fortuna (+8 km), Germany’s only iron-ore show mine, operating the original underground machinery. Take in the beautiful surroundings to Weilburg, where the renaissance castle stands in solitary splendour on a high rock above river Lahn.
Wedged in between the heights of Taunis and Westerwald the river winds its way. You cycle on the asphalted Lein path via Aumenau and Runkel to Limburg with famous dome.
Today you cross the unspoilt valley from Diez to Balduinstein, one of the most scenic parts of the tour. Two climbs can be avoided by using the train (11 km). Have a break at monastery Arnstein, at fortress Nassau or in historic Inn on Lahn before you reach Bad Ems.
After 12 km Rhine-valley opens up before your eyes till you reach Coblenz. Here you crown your tour by an excursion (+31 km) via Boppard and St. Goar to Loreley.
Departure or extension
Easy to medium, easy cycling, some short distances to push the bike.
| Season 1 |
17.04.2021 - 06.05.2021
27.09.2021 - 17.10.2021
| Season 2 |
07.05.2021 - 26.09.2021
|Lahn-Cycle Path, 7 days, Cat. Charm, DE-LARMB-07D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||300.00||300.00|
| Season 1 |
Apr 17, 2021 - May 6, 2021
Sep 27, 2021 - Oct 17, 2021
| Season 2 |
May 7, 2021 - Sep 26, 2021
|Marburg D Deluxe|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||105.00||105.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||175.00||175.00|
|Coblenz D Deluxe|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||92.00||92.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||122.00||122.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Boat trip Rhine St.Goar/St.Goarshausen - Coblenz, rate per person EUR 25 incl. bike. reservation is necessary
- Return transfer by minibus daily to Marburg, costs EUR 60 per person incl. your bike, reservation is necessary
Arrival / parking / departure:
- Marburg train station
- Public multi storey car park close to the hotel, price upon request, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Good train connections from Braubach to Marburg