Munich - Salzburg
River Isar, Mozart, mountains & lakes.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
The Isar cycle path will lead you through green forests, via Wolfratshausen and Geretsried, to Bad Tölz. The town, located at the crossroads of two trade routes - the River Isar and the old salt route from Reichenhall to Allgäu - quickly became a thriving trading centre. The ornate mansions testify the golden age. The Tölzer Market Street invites you to learn more about the famous television series “Der Bulle von Tölz”.
Hotel (example) Hotel am Wald
Today, you will cycle through the scenic landscape of Lake Tegernsee, over gently rolling hills, to Lake Tegernsee. In Gmund you will be able to enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of the lake. We recommend taking a boat trip or going for a swim! Later, you will continue on the Bodensee-Königssee bike path to Lake Schliersee.
Hotel (example) Terofal
First, you will cycle directly along the lake shore and on slightly hilly roads to Bad Feilnbach. Because of the mild climate and more than 30,000 fruit trees, the moor spa area is also called the “Bavarian Merano”. And today’s destination is a colourfully decorated town too.
Hotel (example) Kistlerwirt
You will ride your bike through the largest peat mining area of Bavaria, the Kollerfilze and soon you will reach Neubeuern. All over the town, you will see two crossed ship hooks, the emblem of Neubeuern and a sign of the shipbuilding industry, which once was the residents’ main source of income. Then, you will cycle via Frasdorf at the foot of the Chiemgau Mountains to Lake Chiemsee. Today’s destination is located on the southern lakeshore of the “Bavarian sea”. We recommend taking a boat trip to the islands Herrenchiemsee and Frauenchiemsee.
Hotel (example) Alter Wirt
The mountains are getting higher and higher but the bike path stays almost flat. You will cycle through the “Bergener Moos” on the foot of Mount Hochfelln (1,674 metres), via Bad Adelholzen (healing spring), to Siegsdorf (natural history museum). From there, you will continue your journey along the river Rote Traun to the idyllic town of Inzell. The famous Lüftlmalerei paintings on the beautifully decorated town houses are typical for the climatic health resort.
Hotel (example) Alpinhotel INzeller
Today’s stage will take you on narrow paths between the mountains, along the German Alpine Road via Schneitzlreuth and along the river Saalach to Bad Reichenhall (saline building, cathedral St. Zeno, spa park). On your way back, you will cycle across the border between Bavaria and Austria to Salzburg.
Hotel (example) Achat Plaza zum Hirsch
Departure or extension
In general, this is a rather easy, partly hilly tour. Especially the stages from Bad Tölz to Bad Feilenbach, some climbs have to be cycled. You will find yourself partly on bicycle paths, and mostly on service roads and minor roads. Only some short sections have to be cycled on roads with more traffic.
Category: 3*** hotels in Munich and in Salzburg 4****hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (GE, EN)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (GE, EN, FR) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Munich every Saturday, costs EUR 65 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Munich central train station
- Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. € 49 for 8 days and approx. € 59 for 10 days, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Free car park close to the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!