Tour of the border triangle.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
The Breisach Cathedral towers imposingly over the bank of the Rhine. You cross the Rhine here to
Neuf-Brisach in Alsace, a 17th century, octagonal fortified town. The day ends wonderfully in beautiful Colmar, one of the most delightful cities on the French wine route.
From Colmar we follow the French wine route. The dreamy wine-growing villages, with many Alsatian timber-frame houses, and magnificent mediaeval town centres in the midst of extensive vineyards are areas for unwinding, enjoyment and simply relaxing.
From Guebwiller you’re cycling to Ungersheim and passing Ecomusée d’Alsace towards Mulhouse with its diverse old town. The largest automobile collection in the world and the Rail & Electricity Museum will inspire everyone, not just technology fans!
You leave Mulhouse along the typical canals and cycle through extensive forest to river Rhine. The old fortress of Neuenburg on the German side is awaiting you before you reach the idyllic Müllheim close to the Black Forest.
After the visit to the Villa Urbana and the Malteserschloss in Heitersheim, we head into the Breisgau. In the treasure chest of Bad Krozingen, the mineral and thermal springs await you, before the day fades away in Freiburg, the gateway to the Black Forest.
Flat routes along the Rhine, a little bit hilly during the French wine street.. You cycle mostly on bike paths and sometimes on side streets with less traffic.
- Accomondation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1 x per room (GE, EN, FR with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Freiburg train station
- Basel/Mulhouse airport
- Protected parking lots at the hotel for approx. € 9 per day.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!