Speyer - Heidelberg - Worms
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Today, you will cycle on pleasant ways from the vineyards, through the Rhine valley, to the cathedral city of Speyer with its medieval city centre. Enjoy the nature along the ancient Rhine channels and follow them until you reach Schwetzingen, where you can marvel at the royal palace and the beautiful park. The tour will continue through the Rhine valley to Heidelberg, home of Germany’s oldest university. Visit the famous castle and the unique old town directly on the river Neckar.
Cat. A: Hotel Qube
Cat. B: Hotel Ibis
You will leave the Rhine valley and cycle on the German wine route into the second largest wine region in Germany. You will experience wine culture in small and large wine villages, get to know the history and stories of the times of the Romans until today and taste very good Pfalz wine.
Cat. A: Hotel Mercure
Cat. B: Hotel Marktschänke
Departure or extension
You will cycle mainly on flat terrain. Only in the vineyards between Worms and Bad Dürkheim, there are some slight climbs.
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: hotels and inns of 3*** level
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Neustadt an der Weinstraße train station
- Karlsruhe / Baden Baden airport
- Cat. A: Multi-storey car park costs € 5 - 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
- Cat. B: Free parking at the hotel or close to the hotel. Multi-storey car park costs € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!