Venetian Highlights with charme
Beautiful landscapes between Venice and Vicenza.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Venice/Mestre
Today, you will have the opportunity to visit the lagoon city of Venice, which is located only 20 minutes from your hotel and can easily be reached by public transportation.
The day starts with a tour information meeting and bike fitting. Then you will cycle on the bike path over the Liberty Bridge to Venice. You will take the ferry to Lido and continue your bike journey via Pellestrina, with a marvelous view over the sea, to Chioggia, a quiet little town, reminiscent of the Venetian maritime supremacy which invites you to stay and enjoy yourself in one of its typical fish restaurants. Tonight, you will stay in Chioggia/Sottomarina where you can enjoy a wide sandy beach.
On quiet roads you will cycle to the river Adige. The river will lead you through fertile fields, melon plantations, and tranquil villages to Rovigo. The friendly, small town with charm and culture, small streets, spacious squares, cosy cafés, and friendly people is your destination today.
First, you will take the train to Monselice. Via the gently rolling Euganean hills you will get to Arquà Petrarca – a small town that has preserved its medieval character over the centuries. The path continues along quiet roads to the foot of the Monti Berici. On these ways, you will get to the centre of Vicenza. In the old town you can still feel the spirit of Palladio, the famous architect of the Middle Ages.
From Vicenza, you will ride your bike on nice roads to Marostica, famous for its castle and stone chess board in the main square. Now, you are not far from Bassano del Grappa anymore, with its covered wooden bridge and the famous brandy, grappa. In the Poli Grappa Museum a little Grappa tasting session is prepared for you.
In the morning, you will cycle up some small hills after which only the climb to Asolo remains. The idyllic village of Roman origin invites you to take a first break. Then, the trail descends slightly and you will cycle into the region of the world famous Prosecco and further to Treviso with its many attractions.
First, the path leads along the river Sile to Casale. Now, you are already close to the starting point of your trip. Your accommodation is located on the mainland before Venice with an excellent bus connection to the lagoon city. At the end of your tour, not far from Marcus square, you can look forward to a little wine tasting session.
You will cycle on a mostly flat route. There will be one steeper climb to Asolo. Most roads are paved; partly you will find yourself on well-prepared nature trails. The tour is not very physically demanding.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English; French - with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 24-hour ticket for Venice (valid for public transportation)
- Train journey from Rovigo - Monselice incl. bike
- 1 x entrance and little Grappa tasting session in the Poli Grappa Museum Bassano ( German, English)
- 1 x little grappa tasting session in Venice
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station Mestre/Venice
- Venice or Treviso airport
- Free parking at the hotel or near by the hotel there´s a multi-storey car park, which costs approx. € 50 per week, no reservation possible!
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry tickets for trips in Venice total approx. € 3 per bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Villa Pace Park Hotel Bolognese
Crossing the Terraglio, a Napoleonic road, once a channel, then buried, which leads from Venice to Treviso, two things strike pleasantly the eyes, today as in times of Stendhal who speaks in his "Journey to Italy": the luxuriant countryside and the most beautiful Patrician villas on the two sides.
Welcome to Key Hotel
Modern 3-star hotel in Vicenza in the heart of the Veneto region and just a stone’s throw from the historical city centre, ideal for discovering the local art, food and wine traditions.