Venetian Highlights with charme
Beautiful landscapes between Venice and Vicenza.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Venice/Mestre
Today, you will have the opportunity to visit the lagoon city of Venice, which is located only 20 minutes from your hotel and can easily be reached by public transportation.
The day starts with a tour information meeting and bike fitting. Then you will cycle on the bike path over the Liberty Bridge to Venice. You will take the ferry to Lido and continue your bike journey via Pellestrina, with a marvelous view over the sea, to Chioggia, a quiet little town, reminiscent of the Venetian maritime supremacy which invites you to stay and enjoy yourself in one of its typical fish restaurants.
Before you start the stage, you should take some more time to enjoy the flair of the Venetian lagoon. The main route today is the antique river course of Bacchiglione, once used by cargo ships, the so-called "burci". When you arrive in Abano Terme, the beautiful thermal water pools await you in the hotel.
Again, the Bacchiglione is the guideline. Through fertile fields, it goes to Vicenza. The city, which the star architect of the Middle Ages, Palladio, helped to world fame. Numerous mansions and palaces based on his manuscript still characterize the cityscape today. The Teatro Olimpico and the Basilica are a must see for every visitor. Beautiful places also invite for a cappuccino break.
From Vicenza, you will ride your bike on nice roads to Marostica, famous for its castle and stone chess board in the main square. Now, you are not far from Bassano del Grappa anymore, with its covered wooden bridge and the famous brandy, grappa. In the Poli Grappa Museum a little Grappa tasting session is prepared for you.
In the morning, you will cycle up some small hills after which only the climb to Asolo remains. The idyllic village of Roman origin invites you to take a first break. Then, the trail descends slightly and you will cycle into the region of the world famous Prosecco and further to Treviso with its many attractions.
First, the path leads along the river Sile to Casale. Now, you are already close to the starting point of your trip. Your accommodation is located on the mainland before Venice with an excellent bus connection to the lagoon city. At the end of your tour, not far from Marcus square, you can look forward to a little wine tasting session.
Departure or extension
You will cycle on a mostly flat route. There will be one steeper climb to Asolo. Most roads are paved; partly you will find yourself on well-prepared nature trails. The tour is not very physically demanding.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English; French - with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 24-hour ticket for Venice (valid for public transportation)
- 1 entrance and little Grappa tasting session in the Poli Grappa Museum Bassano ( German, English)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station Mestre/Venice
- Venice or Treviso airport
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible!
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry tickets for trips in Venice total approx. EUR 3 per bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!