5 reasons why Holland is a great destination for a cycle tour
- The Dutch cycle network has a length of 30,000km
- Holland is one of the five road-safest countries worldwide
- Relaxed cycling on flat terrain – perfect for the untrained
- The mild climate is perfectly suited for cycle holidays
- Discover the loveliest of places that are difficult to get to without a bike
A harbour tour in Rotterdam
This lively city is the home to Europe’s largest port. By bike and by Aqualiner ferry, which crosses the harbour, you can observe the port at work with very close proximity. Rotterdam has nice restaurants, impressive container ships and barges that make good photo spots. It also has plenty of variety in general. When visiting the famous ship museum, the SS Rotterdam, you should try the tasty cocktails in the style of the 1950s.
Good to know: by bike the harbour tour takes approx. 1.5 hours
The Kinderdijk windmills
This small and idyllic Dutch village is located about 15km south-east of Rotterdam in the province of South Holland. It is well-known for its charming windmills, which were named a UNESCO world heritage site in 1997. Nowadays, the Kinderdijk windmills are one of the most well-known attractions in the Netherlands and should not be missed when on a cycle tour going through Holland. They are really pretty to look at and make a great photo.