Berlin - Stralsund, MS Princess
From Oder to Usedom & Rügen
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Berlin
Embark the boat by 4pm. Berlin is always worth a visit! Maybe you have time for a stroll through Kurfürstendamm, through the Nicolai quarter on Spree Island or to get a view of the Brandenburger Tor. There is plenty to do in Berlin.
The bike path takes you North to Oranienburg and goes through the Ruppiner lakeland area. The Baroque palace with its park, museum and orangerie is worth a visit. You can board the boat again here and you will travel onwards to Eberswalde. The Finow canal is the oldest working lock in Germany and it is located in the city centre. Since 1978 it has been an engineering monument.
You start today by cycling along the Treidel bike route along the Finow canal. This region has a wonderful landscape. You will go past forests, clearings and small hills whilst heading towards Niederfinow (ship hoist here - a tour is possible) to Hohensaaten. There you will get back on boart and sail to Schwedt unless you wish to cycle an additional 32km today.
Today you cycle through the unique border area of “International park Lower Oder Valley” via Gartz to Mescherin where you will rejoin the boat. Afterwards you cruise to Stettin, the large green town on the Oder estuary with one of the biggest harbors by the Baltic Sea. Well-worth seeing is the reconstructed palace, which is located in the old city. Tip: a guided city walk to explore Stettin (optional).
Today you spend the whole day on board. After the last narrow passage, you reach Stettiner Haff. After crossing that you will reach Wolgast, the 'gate to Usedom island'. Well-worth seeing is the medieval old city, which has a town hall and a church.
In the morning you will cycle via Zecherin and Karlshagen harbour to Peenemünde (tip: historical/technical museum in the former power plant). If the weather is good you may feel like cycling the “beach-route” via Trassenheide and Zinnowitz. In Peenemünde you will get back on board and at about 6pm you sail to Lauterbach located at the southeast of Rügen Island (arrival about 9pm).
Make sure you don't miss out on a trip to the nearby town, Putbus, which is about 2km away. It has a famous 'circus', which you shouldn't miss. Classical style buildings line this circular square, which lots of roads run to. Today's cycle tour takes you via Putbus, Garz, Groß Schoritz (where Ernst Moritz Arndt was born), Poseritz and Gustow, which has a famous village church. You will then go across the Rügendamm (large bridge connecting the island with the mainland) so that you can get to Stralsund where you will find your boat once more. Go for a walk through the Hanseatic old town, which is located on a little island. You will see many unusual attractions.
Your bike tour on this day will take you through Putbus, Garz, Groß Schoritz, the birthplace of Ernst Moritz Arndt, Poseritz and Gustow with its well-known village church over the Rügen Dam to Stralsund, where the boat will meet you. As a city with an important past, a stroll through the historic centre, which is situated on an island, will take you past numerous exceptional sights.
Disembark after breakfast and then travel home as arranged by you.
Mostly you cycle on traffic-free paths, country road, tarmac bike paths, sandy fields and forest paths. There are shorter sections that also go along main roads. The route is mostly flat but sometimes it is hilly and there are some steep climbs and descents that have to be managed. If you do not want to cycle, you can also stay on board.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in an outside cabin with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Programme according to the itinerary from Berlin to Stralsund
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Bedding and towel changes as needed
- Full board: breakfast, packed lunch for bike tours or noontime snack, coffee and tea in the afternoon, three-course dinner
- All port and lock dues
- Daily bike tour meeting
- On-board tour guidance
- 1x book with route maps for individual tours per cabin
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- From Berlin-Spandau station you can take the subway and S-Bahn (urban train) to the pier, which is about 1km away
- Parking Garage “Hallen am Borsigturm” (1,600 parking spaces) is always open. It costs approx. €10 per day and is about 800m away from the mooring point. No reservation possible.
- Return journey by train approx. €46 per person.
- Min. 50 people
- Program and details are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this is no reason for a free cancellation).
- Special wishes concerning meals like dietary or vegetarian food can be provided upon request. Surcharge is €25 per person/week (pay there). Please inform us at the time of booking.
This tour has 1 more variant
Bike & Barge MS Princess
On Board of the MS Princess from metropolis city Berlin via Oranienburg and Eberswalde to Schwedt. Your aim is the old city of Stralsund