Stralsund - Berlin, MS Princess
Gorgeous Baltic Sea Islands & river Oder.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Stralsund
Individual arrival to Stralsund. Embarkation starts at 4pm. Maybe you have time to stroll through the old city, which is located on a small island. The city has a great past so you will see remarkable places of interest.
Today's bike tour will take you through Stralsund over the Rügen Dam to Gustow where there is a well-known village church. You will then go past Poseritz, Groß Schoritz, the birthplace of Ernst Moritz Arndt and Garz to Putbus. Tip: Don’t miss the famous circus. Classical buildings line this circular “square” where all the streets converge. Then it’s off to Lauterbach located to the southeast of Rügen Island. You will board the boat here. Departure to Usedom is at 6.30pm.
Today you have plenty of time to explore Usedom Island. Tip: historical/technical museum in the former power plant or alternatively you choose the “beach-route” via Trassenheide and Zinnowitz. Afterwards you will cycle past Karlshagen Harbour and Zecherin to Wolgast, which is also known as the “Gateway to Usedom Island". The Medieval historic centre with its town hall and the Church of St. Petri are interesting sights and are worth a visit.
Today you spend the whole day on board. You cross Stettiner Haff (Oderhaff) and reach Stettin, the green metropolis on the Oder estuary with one of the biggest harbours by the Baltic Sea. Worth-seeing is the reconstructed palace which is located in the old city. Tip: a guided city walk to discover Stettin (optional).
In the morning you cruise from Stettin to Mescherin. Via Gartz you cycle to the unique border-area “International park Lower Oder Valley”, which you will cross before you reach Schwedt, today’s destination. Tip: A guided city walk through Schwedt (optional).
In the morning you will move on by boat from Schwedt to Hohensaaten. You then cycle towards Niederfinow (ship lift – a tour is always possible) through the splendid landscape, passing by small hills, clearings and forests. The last section will be on the Treidel bike route along the Finow Canal to Eberswalde. In the heart of the city, in the Finow Canal, is the oldest working lock in Germany, which has been a technical monument since 1978.
In the morning you enjoy a boat ride to Oranienburg. Sightseeing tip: the Baroque castle with its park, museum and orangery. You then cycle along the well-signposted bike route, which will take you southwards through the Ruppin sea area to Berlin.
Disembark after breakfast and then travel home as arranged by you.
You mainly cycle along traffic-free paths, country roads and tarmac bike paths as well as sandy fields and forest tracks. There will be shorter sections along main roads. The route is mainly flat but there are hills at time, sometimes steep. If you do not want to cycle, you can stay on board the MS Princess.
- 7 nights stay in an outside cabin with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Programme according to the itinerary from Stralsund to Berlin
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Bedding and towel changes as needed
- Full board: breakfast, packed lunch for bike tours or lunch snack, coffee and tea in the afternoon, three-course dinner
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Daily bike tour meeting
- On-board tour representative
- 1 book with route maps for individual tours per cabin
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Stralsund Triebseer Damm train station is about 4 km from the pier
- Various parking garages near the boat’s berth “See-, Hafenstraße, Hafeninsel area”, e.g. Parkhaus am Ozeaneum garage costs about €28.00 for 2 days, each additional day costs approx. €6. No reservation possible.
- Return transfer by train from Berlin to Stralsund costs approx. €46 per person.
- Min. 50 people
- Your boat cruises to the next harbour daily, therefore the time for individual sight-seeing is limited. At some bridges you are not allowed to stay on the sun deck.
- Program and details are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this is no reason for a free cancellation). Dietary requirements or vegetarian food can be catered for at a cost of €25 per person per week (payable there). Please inform us at the time of booking.
This tour has 1 more variant
Bike & Barge MS Princess
On Board of the MS Princess from metropolis city Berlin via Oranienburg and Eberswalde to Schwedt. Your aim is the old city of Stralsund