Itinerary at a glance
Individual arrive in Stralsund. Embarkation at 4:00 pm. Maybe you’ll have some time and a notion to take a stroll through Stralsund’s historic centre, which is situated on a small island. As a city with an important past, you will see numerous exceptional sights.
Your bike tour on this day will take you through Stralsund over the Rügen Dam to Gustow with its well-known village church, then past Poseritz, Groß Schoritz, the birthplace of Ernst Moritz Arndt and Garz to Putbus (tip: Don’t miss the famous circus. Classical buildings line this circular “square”, where all the streets converge). Then it’s off to Lauterbach in the southeast of Rügen Island. You will board the boat here. Around 6.30 pm departure to Usedom.
Today you have plenty of time to explore the Usedom Island. Tip: historical/technical museum in the former power plant or alternatively you choose the “beach-route” via Trassenheide and Zinnowitz. Afterwards will bike past Karlshagen Harbour and Zecherin to Wolgast, also known as the “Gateway to Usedom Island The Medieval historic centre with its town hall and the Church of St. Petri are interesting sights in any case.
Today you will spend all day on board. You will cross the expansive waters of the Bay of Szczecin (Oder Lagoon) and reach Szczecin, the green city on the mouth of the Oder and one of the largest ports on the Baltic Sea. The reconstructed castle of the dukes of Pomerania situated in the city’s historic centre is worth seeing.
In the morning you will sail from Szczecin to Mescherin. Biking past Gartz you will bike through a part of a unique, cross-border nature reserve, the “Lower Oder Valley National Park” before reaching Schwedt, today’s destination.
In the morning you will sail from Schwedt to Hohensaaten. Then a bike ride in the direction of Niederfinow (boat lift – a tour is always an option) through the splendid landscape, passing by small hills, glades and forests – the last section will be on the Treidel bike route along the Finow Canal – to Eberswalde. In the heart of the city, in the Finow Canal, is the oldest working lock in Germany, which has been a technical monument since 1978.
In the morning shipping to Oranienburg. Sightseeing tip: the Baroque castle with its park, museum and orangery. Then the well-marked bike route will take you southwards through the Ruppin sea area to Berlin.
After breakfast, disembarkation until 9:00 am and individual trip home.
Other variations of this tour
You mainly cycle along traffic-free paths, country roads and tarmac bike paths as well as sandy fields and forest tracks. There will be shorter sections along main roads. The route is mainly flat but there are hills at time, sometimes steep. If you do not want to cycle, you can stay on board the MS Princess.
Prices & Dates
Services & Information
Further details about this route
- Program according to itinerary from Stralsund to Berlin
- 7 nights in outside cabins in the booked cabin category
- 1 welcome drink
- Full meals (7x breakfast, 6x packed lunch for cyclists or lunch snack on board, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x 3-course-dinner)
- On board tour guide incl. daily tour briefing
- Daily cabin cleaning, change of bed linen and towels as needed
- 1 route book per cabin
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Bringing your own bike/electric bike: €29,- (on request only, limited)
- Stralsund Triebseer Damm train station is about 4 km from the pier
- Various parking garages near the boat’s berth “See-, Hafenstraße, Hafeninsel area”, e.g. Parkhaus am Ozeaneum garage (no reservation possible)
Things to note
- Minimum number of participants: 70 persons
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."