West Frisian Tidelands, Leafde Fan Fryslan
A sense of freedom.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival in Enkhuizen
Itinerary: Just the arrival and departure harbour Enkhuizen is certain - subject to changes! Here an example for the tour course:
Individual arrival to Enkhuizen, approx. 65 km (60 minutes by car) north-west of Amsterdam. Embarkation starts at 4 pm. In the evening aperitif and welcome briefing with the skipper. He will inform you about the journey, the boat and the security on board.
Today the ship sails from Enkhuizen to Den Oever with its fishing harbour. You can stay on board and sail over the IJsselmeer or you can grab a bike and start your first cycling tour along the IJsselmeer coast through the beautiful polder-landscape to Medemblik. After the bike tour the ship will sail further to Den Oever. Depending on the weather in the evening the ship will sail across the Wadden Sea to the Island of Texel.
Bike tour on Texel Island approx. 30-65 km
Explore Texel island with its diversified landscape and picturesque villages. Circular bike tour on the biggest Dutch North Sea Island. Tip: do the well signposted Thijsse route or visit the seal rearing station 'EcoMare'.
Today you will be visiting Terschelling island, also known as “Amsterdam of the tidelands”. The beautiful villages still have a lot of their charm.
Bike tour at Island Terschelling approx. 0-70 km
Terschelling offers a lot: nature and culture, 70 km bike paths and four beautiful villages. West-Terschelling is the biggest village of the island with numerous shops and pubs. You will recognise the emblem of the island already from afar, 400-year-old light house “Brandaris”. Well worth seeing is also moorland „De Boschplaat“. It appeals through mud, beaches and dunes. With a bit of luck you can see lots of ducks and birds.
Today the ship sails to Harlingen, the outstanding town of Friesland. Across Franeker with its popular planetarium from Eise Eisinga, you will cycle through the beautiful and roomy Frisian landscape with its tiny villages to Makkum. If you´re in to take the long trip, you can come to Bolsward, one of the eleven Frisian towns.
Today you take your bike and ride from Makkum to Stavoren. The route passes the old trading town Hindeloopen where the famous painting comes from. Also, there is the first Frisian ice-skate museum. The long tour crosses many Frisian lakes and shows a different scenery. In Stavoren, you take your ship and sail to Enkhuizen.
Departure or extension
After breakfast disembarkation and individual trip home.
The possible bike tours are dependant on which route the sailing boat goes. Due to the large number of cycle paths in Holland, it is a true paradise for cyclists there. The routes are flat and are therefore easy.
|Aug 25, 2018
|Sep 1, 2018
|Sep 8, 2018
|Sep 15, 2018
|Sep 22, 2018
- Sailing trip from/to Enkhuizen
- 7 nights stay in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked category
- Full board: breakfast buffet, packed lunch for your bike tours or snack, coffee and tea in the afternoon, three-course dinner
- Welcome drink
- Regular cleaning of cabins
- Linen and towels
- All harbour, bridge and lock fees
- The skipper is your on board tour representative
- Daily bike tour briefing
- 1 set of detailed maps and route descriptions per cabin
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train to Enkhuizen station: the pier is within walking distance
- Free public car park near the train station, no reservation possible
Number of participants
Minimum of 18 people
- Schedule/timetable: the schedule and programme are always subject to change. If a certain route cannot be taken due to high or low tides, the skipper retains the legal right to change the route for safety reasons. If the weather is bad, it is not possible to sail to the West Frisian islands and instead you will sail on the Ijsselmeer.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for upon request for an additional charge. Please book at least 14 days in advance. Certain food products may need to be brought with you.
This tour has 2 more variants
Leafde fan Frylsan
The imposing LEAFDE FAN FRYSLÂN, a three-masted barquentine, makes its maiden voyage for Sail & Bike travel in 2018 and is managed by its owners-operators, Joris and Rinske de Wit.