Innsbruck - Lake Garda
Orchards and Vineyards on Adige Cycle Path.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
You will cycle on the former towpath along the river Inn, along the foot of the Martinswand (mountain face) and through little villages and market towns to Stams (baroque Cistercian convent). Then, you will continue your tour via Haiming to Imst, the so-called “Merano of North Tyrol”.
Sample Hotel: Hirschen
Today, you will cycle along the river Inn, past the Zams monastery to Landeck. A bus will take you to Nauders from where you will cycle just under 100 metres in altitude uphill to the mountain pass called the 'Reschenpass'. From there, you will cycle downhill to Lake Reschensee and continue on minor roads to Mals (many towers in the centre) or to Burgeis at the foot of the castle Marienburg.
Sample Hotel: Garni Zum Hirschen
Your day starts with a trip to Glurns, which has got perfectly preserved medieval city walls. Then, you will cycle via the Montani ruins, through Schlanders, down to Merano. On your way, you will come across some pretty castles (mountaineer Reinhold Messner’s castle Juval) and you will get marvellous views of the impressive mountain massif Ortlermassiv and the mountain pass Stilfserjoch. Since 2004, the Venosta train (Vinschgaubahn) has been operating again between Mals and Merano. You can almost always take this train as part of your journey.
Sample Hotel: Siegler im Thurm
Today’s stage will take you via Lana (Schnatterpeck Altar) and through numerous orchards and vineyards in the area of the South Tyrolean Wine Road, past many fortresses, castles, and ruins such as Hocheppan (famous frescos), to Lake Caldaro. You will stay overnight in the cosy wine town, Auer.
Sample Hotel: Residence Kaufmann
On the sixth day, you will mainly cycle along the river Adige. At times you will cycle through orchards to Salurn, where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The famous Trentino vineyards are located next to the dam ways. These ways lead you to Trento, which has a lovely old town, a cathedral and Buonconsiglio castle.
Sample Hotel: NH Trento
Today, you will cycle on bike paths along the river Adige via the old Tyrolean border town of Rovereto to Mori. From here, the route leads westward to Lake Garda. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After a short climb onto Passo S. Giovanni (150 metres), you will head down to the lake to Torbole or Riva.
Sample Hotel: Caravel
Departure or extension
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths in the river valleys of the Inn and Adige and on numerous quiet side roads between orchards and vineyards. You will be taken from the Inntal valley to the mountain pass Reschenpass. From there, you can enjoy a descent of over 1,200 metres in altitude. Sometimes small climbs will be necessary.
Category: 3*** and 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description,local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Bus transfer from Landeck - Nauders, incl. your bike
- 1 Pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Innsbruck every Saturday morning, costs € 79 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Innsbruck train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Hotel car park costs EUR 12 per day, public multi-storey car park costs EUR 60 per week; to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Public bus from Riva/Torbole to Rovereto, good train connections from Rovereto to Innsbruck
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Also bookable as a sportive tour
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!