Arrival in Copenhagen
It is said that Copenhagen is one of the most cyclist friendly cities at all. Here meets old history with modern age. The city offers a lot, it is worth to stay a night longer or book the per tour night.
You heading south today, along beautiful ways, mainly along the bay you ride to Køge. The medieval town has the largest market square of the area. In Kirkestræde one can find the oldest timber framed house of Denmark, which was built in 1525. Enjoy your visit, the town has a lot of flair and it is often used as a filming location. The return tour is easily done by train. Stay overnight in Copenhagen.
Today’s stage leads you north. You cycle through the old hunting grounds of the Danish Kings in Dyrehaven by Klampenborg. Idyll landscapes and woods enchant you before the route leads to the coast. You follow the shore to Elsinore along the beaches, which invite you for a swim. A must see in Elsinore is Kronborg Palace, but the old harbor town has much more to offer. Take your time to explore, before you return to Copenhagen by train. Stay overnight in Copenhagen.
The trip today leads to Roskilde, partly along the bay and then in the inland. You cycle on traffic free cycle paths to this historical town. One can already spot the cathedral from fare away. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995 and has been the main burial site for Danish monarchs since the 15th century, which makes it to a special place to visit. A well-built cycle path network offers many ways to return to Copenhagen. An alternative way is using the train. Stay overnight in Copenhagen.
All stages are on pretty flat ground and are very well signposted. Your mainly cycle cycle paths or quiet side roads with rare traffic. Only by entering or leaving towns or villages the traffic will be a bit busier. An altogether easy tour, which won’t require a high physical condition.
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room with route maps, route descriptions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Copenhagen train station
- Copenhagen Airport
- Copehagen parking garage EUR 30,-/day
- Parking area in Copenhagen, approx.EUR 11,-/day
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ticket for train journey to Köge – Copenhagen approx. €13 / person
- Ticket for train journey to Helsongör – Copenhagen approx. € 11 / person
- Ticket for train journey to Roskilde – Copenhagen approx. €13 / person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!