Itinerary at a glance
Cycle through Faelled National Park, strike a pose for a photo with the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen, and let yourself wander in the Nyhavn harbor district. Recharge with a Smørrebrød topped with fish, sausage, or pâté.
The Danish capital has a lot to offer. An early arrival is highly recommended. Take a stroll through the medieval city center or visit the famous Tivoli.
After breakfast you will have a transfer by bus to Roskiöled. The Cathedral of Roslilde welcomes you from afar. Since the beginning of the 15th century the cathedral has been the favourite gfrave church of the Danish Royal Family and since 1995 UNESCO World Heritage. We also recommend a visit to the Viking Ship Museum. After a city walk you will cycle back directly to Copenhagen. From Albertslund the Super-Fast Bike Path C99 leads you into the city center almost with no traffic.
The major part of this cycle stage will lead along the so-called Køge bay, with outstanding views to teh Baltic Sea. The national üark amager Fælled is absolutely free of traffic and its scenic landscape will impress you. For those who are interested in art we recommend to visit Arken Museum of Modern Art. Køge belongs to one of the oldest cities of Denmark and is located directly on the coast. The white sand beaches invite for a jump into the cool water for a refresh, before you start your return journey comfortably by train.
You leave Copenhagen heading north. Today's stage will take you along the Öresund, the strait between Zealand in Denmark and Schonen in Sweden. Always with a view of Baltic Sea you will quickly reach the famous beach Bellevue. A swim in the cool water gives you refreshment. In Helsingør it´s worth to visit Kronborg Castle, or take the ferry for a quick trip to Helsingborg on the Swedish site. You will return again comfortably by train.
Overall an easy cycle tour which leads through flat and soft hilly landscapes. Mostly own bike paths and small streets without much traffic. Only if entering and leaving cities you need to expect some more traffic.
Prices and dates
Category: see description
Services and Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 transfer Copenhagen – Roskilde incl. your bike
- 1 entrance Cathedral Roskilde
- 1 entrance Kronborg Castle
- 1 coffee and cake in Køge
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Copenhagen train station
- Copenhagen airport
- Absalon Hotel: public car park, costs approx. EUR 37 per day, no reservation possible, Comwell Hotel: hotel parking, cost approx. EUR 25 per day, no reservation possible
Things to note
- Train rides to be organised by your own
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- This tour is a partner tour.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!