Baltic Sea, Hanseatic towns and Old Salt Road
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Lübeck
You start the tour in the magnificent old Hanseatic city of Lübeck which was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987.
First through the spa town of Travemünde and then along the Baltic Sea coast. Cycling through the Brooker Wald nature reserve to Boltenhagen. From the cliffs you have a great view over the entire bay.
Mostly following the banks, you cycle to the Hanseatic city of Wismar. Poel island with its long sand beaches and the historic city walls dating back to the Thirty Years’ War is worth a visit.
Today you follow the „Wallensteingraben“ - a ditch that connects Lake Schwerin with the Baltic Sea. Later on you pass the village of Mecklenburg which is famous for its smock mill before you reach Schwerin.
Discover Schwerin and the surroundings. Visit the glorious Schwerin castle and have a look at the Schwerin cathedral. You should also go on a bike tour through the Schwerin lake district where you shouldn‘t miss out on a boat trip.
Further through the Schwerin lake district until you reach the Schaalsee lake region in the Lauenburg nature park. Ratzeburg is located on an island in Lake Ratzeburg.
Stop in Mölln, home of Till Eulenspiegel, in the heart of the Mölln lake district. You follow the Old Salt Route, an old trading route that runs through the city, back to Lübeck.
Departure or extension
Mainly on level ground, sometimes slightly hilly, mostly on quiet country roads, cycle paths, field and forest trails, occasionally on sandy tracks, paths with concrete slabs and on cobblestone.
Category: Hotels of 3*** and 4**** niveau
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat ride Schweriner See incl. your bike
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Lübeck train station
- Hamburg airport
- Public car park in Lübeck EUR 10 per day, no reservation possible to be paid for at the time.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry Travemünde - Priwall approx EUR 2,50 per person incl. bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!