Romantic Road and Bavarian Lakes
Glittering Water Worlds.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Tour information and bike fitting. Your first stage will take you through lush meadows and unspoilt Bavarian towns to Lake Ammersee. Cosy restaurants with sunny terraces and shady gardens on the lakeside invite you to stay and take a rest. Then you will continue your tour to Lake Wörthsee, which only needs the first spring sunbeams to warm up quickly.
Hotel (example) Jakl-Hof
On the third day, you will pedal directly along Lake Wörthsee and Lake Pilsensee to the monastery of Andech. You will ride your bike through Pfaffenwinkel and past unspoilt Bavarian towns – the monks of the twelve surrounding monasteries contributed to the appearance of these places. Bathing facilities can be found at Lake Ammersee, but also at Lake Staffelsee and Lake Riegsee in Murnau.
Hotel (example) Angerbräu
We recommend visiting King Ludwig’s fairytale castles in Königswinkel – Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein – and the excavated Roman thermal bath at the valley station of mount Tegelberg. Via Steingaden and Peiting, you will cycle along the scenic Via Claudia Augusta to Schongau.
Schongau, a former Bavarian frontier forth with fortified passages on the city wall, testifies to the past. The splendid view of the Lech Valley promises greatness. The cities Altenstadt (Roman basilica with vaults), Hochenfurch, Epfach (the Roman Abodiacum, Roman museum), and Vilgertshofen (Baroque pilgrimage church) are worth seeing before you get to Landsberg
Hotel (example) Ana Goggl
You should not miss visiting the medieval city centre of Landsberg/Lech which is embedded in a wildly romantic river bed, the historic city hall, and the Gothic Bavarian Gate. Via Kaufering am Lech, you will pedal to Königsbrunn (with 11 kilometres in length the best-preserved section of the Via Claudia). Then, you will continue your journey to the old Bavarian duke city of Friedberg and further to the Fugger city Augsburg with its famous Fuggerei from the year 1516. Numerous monuments from all eras, such as Elias Holl’s town hall, characterize the cityscape.
Hotel (example) Dom Hotel Augsburg
You will ride your bike on many cycle paths and side roads with little traffic. On the first three stages, you will need to cycle some climbs. Mostly, the roads are paved. However, some longer sections are on gravel paths. From Füssen to Augsburg, along the river Lech, you will find yourself mainly on flat terrain.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German and English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Augsburg train station
- Munich airport
- Garage approx. € 55 per week; to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Necessary expenses not included in the price of the trip. When possible all costs will be included in the quote, otherwise only the nature of the costs will be described.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!