Timmendorf Beach - based in one hotel
Lush green areas and white beaches.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival at Timmendorf Beach by the Baltic Sea as organised by you. In the late afternoon, you get your rental bike (if booked) as well as important information about the bike tour. End day one with a lovely dinner and maybe a walk along the coastline?
Lübeckca. 50 km
Today you cycle past Hemmelsdorf Lake and to Lübeck via Ratekau and Bad Schwartau. Lübeck’s Hanseatic old town is well worth a visit. Highlights include the Holsten gate and the red brick Gothic style buildings like the town hall and the church (Lübecker Marienkirche). These have been a part of the World Culture Heritage since 1987. You then head back to your hotel by bike.
On today’s tour you will head to Holstein Switzerland where there are over 150 lakes and lovely deciduous forests. Your route is lined with charming places such as Scharbeutz, Haffkrug, Eutin and Malente. The town with the famous palace is located right in the middle of the lake scenery in Holstein Switzerland. You then return by train.
Fehmarnca. 45 km
You head to Burg auf Fehmarn by train today. Explore the island that has five lighthouses on a circular tour. Fehmarn island is one of Germany’s sunniest regions. You will find many beautiful beaches, Wallnau aquatic birds reserve and Puttgarden, a ferry harbor. Return by train from Burg.
Travemündeca. 45 km
Today you cycle to Niendorf harbor along classy beach villas. Niendorf harbor is a tradition East Holstein fishing harbor. Later on the route will take you up onto the 20m high Brodten steep bank until you get to Travemünde. Look forward to the charming beach promenade and the four masted barque, Passat, which is a museum boat. After all this, you return via Aalbeek.
East bike tour along mainly flat terrain with the occasional slight hill.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- 1 dinner on the day of arrival
- 1 coffee and cake at Muligan´s Bistro at the Maritim golf course
- 1 coffee voucher for the ‘Karl Erlebnis-Dorf’
- 1 welcome cocktail
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Daily 1 bottle of water in the room
- Free access to the swimming pools
- 1 Train journey from Burg to Fehmarn and back incl. your bike
- 1 Train journey from Plön to Timmendorf incl. your bike
- Service Hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival/ Parking/ Departure:
- Timmendorfer Strand train station
- Hamburg airport
- Multi-storey car park of the hotel costs approx. EUR 12 per night, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Club Hotel Maritim Timmendorfer Strand
The Club Hotel is just a few minutes walk away from the beach and the centre. It is a great place for all active families to stay, who want to have a great time in the water and on the sandy beach.