Dolomites - Trieste with double night Bled
Nearly like in the emperor times.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Individual arrival to your starting hotel in the “Hochpustertal”.
From the water-shed of the rivers Drau and Rienz on Toblach saddle you cycle downhill from South Tyrol along river Drau to Lienz in East Tyrol. Impressive summits of the Dolomites seam the way.
After a short transfer on Gailberg Pass (350 m/5 km) a comfortable downhill section brings you to Kötschach Mauthen. Follow the Gailtal Valley cycle path along the Carnic Ridge, pass Hermagor and take a bath in Pressegger Lake. Overnight stay is in Feistritz.
You cycle to the Italian boarder and continue on the cycle path. Soon you leave Italy and reach Slovenia. Past the well-known skiing area Kranjska Gora the cycle path winds through marvellous, mainly unspoilt nature. Today you have also the possibility to short the stage at 10 km. Spend the evening on the idyllic lake of Bled.
Rest day in Bled
Enjoy a rest day at the lake Bled
After your transfer by train, you will reach the Socatal, which is very popular at canoeist and other sportsmen. Along the river you will cycle to Görz before you go on through the wine area to Gradisca. Here you will stay this night.
Karst now is our companion to the Adriatic Sea and castle Miramare is worth a stop before we enter the ancient Hapsburg city Trieste. Recommended is an excursion to the biggest grotto of the world accessible for tourists, Grotta Gigante on the Slovenian border.
Departure or extension
Individual departure or the possibility for additional nights in Trieste.
The cycle tour to Trieste is easy, even with the rather longer first two days. At the first day you cycle about 65 km with a height difference of approx. 600 m, always slightly downhill along river Drau. At the second day the distance can be shortened by train. This cycle path is very convenient to children who are 14 years or older.
|Sep 29, 2018
Category: 3*** hotels, partly 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Personal tour information
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Detailed documentation (maps, route description, points of interest, important phone numbers)
- Transfer by minibus from Oberdrauburg to Gailberg pass
- Train ticket Bled – Canale ob Soci (alternative 2 ON in Bled)
- GPS-data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train station Niederdorf and Toblach
- Airport Treviso and Venice Marco Polo, onwards with a transfer by shuttlebus from Venice in the valley “Hochpustertal” (Niederdorf/Toblach) every Saturday and additionally Wednesdays in June, July and August, costs per person € 65,- incl. your bike, reservation is necessary, payable in advance
- Free car park in Hochpustertal valley (Niederdorf/Toblach) near your hotel.
- Return transfer from Trieste to valley Hochpustertal by shuttle bus each Saturday, additional Tuesday in June, July and August, cost € 69,- per person (incl. bicycle), a reservation is necessary, payable in advance. Minimum number of participants on Tuesdays: 4 persons; minimum number of participants on Saturdays: 2 persons.
- Good train connection between Trieste and Hochpustertal (daily, departure at approx. 6.40am.