Arrival in Venice/Mestre
The hotel is located on the mainland before Venice with excellent bus links to the lagoon city. At the beginning of your tour, not far from Marcus square, you can look forward to a little Grappa tasting session.
In the morning, you will have your tour information. Then you will cycle on the bike path over the Liberty Bridge to Venice. Afterwards, you will take the ferry to Lido and then you will cycle via Pellestrina with stunning views of the sea, to Chioggia, which is a quiet little town, reminiscent of the Venetian naval supremacy, where you can take a rest in one of the typical fish restaurants. Tonight, you will stay in Chioggia/Sottomarina, where there is a wide sandy beach.
On quiet roads you will cycle back to the river Adige, which will lead you through fertile fields, melon plantations, and tranquil villages to Adria - a small, friendly city with lots of charm. Founded by the Etruscans because of its proximity to the rivers Adige and Po, now especially the branched channels, narrow streets, cosy cafes, and friendly people attract visitors.
You will cycle a short part of today’s route along the longest river in Italy, the river Po. Then, one of its branches, called Po di Goro, will lead you right through its delta towards the sea. Perhaps you want to cool off in the Adriatic Sea before you get to the charming town of Comacchio? Magnificent palazzi, ornate churches, and numerous bridges still bear witness of the prosperity once gained by salt production.
The first half of the day’s bike tour is dedicated to the natural park “Delta del Po” with its unique flora and fauna. Riding your bike on a dam, you will feel like cycling straight through the water while flamingos are nesting only a few metres away from you. After one short ferry ride (tickets not included in the tour price, about € 2) you will reach the Adriatic Sea. There are wide beaches on the way to Ravenna, where you will be enchanted by the art and culture of the port city.
The foothills of the Apennines form gently rolling hills which change the landscape. Even earlier, on the edge of the vast plains, you will get to Faenza – an enchanting little city where world-famous ceramics are produced. The artists will be happy to let you watch while they are painting the artefacts. Now it is not far to Brisighella anymore – an idyllic, medieval village, overlooked by the Rocca Veneziana and the Torre Orologgio. Tranquillity and pure relaxation are waiting for the cyclists.
The day starts with a wonderful train journey through the wild mountain world of the Apennines to Borgo San Lorenzo. Today, you will cycle up two short climbs. Your reward will be a fantastic descent via Fiesole to Florence, the history-charged capital of Tuscany.
Departure or extension
This tour can be combined with the tours: Bolzano – Venice, Florence – Rome, or Tuscany
For the first four days, you will cycle on flat terrain. On the sixth day, the route will lead over three to four small hills. On the seventh day, there will be two short climbs and a long descent. You will cycle on dams, farm tracks and side roads with little traffic. Only very short sections have to be cycled on roads with more traffic. Nearly all of the roads are asphalted. A bike tour for everyone!
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, FR with route map, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 24-hours ticket for Venice (only public transportation)
- Train journey from Brisighella - Borgo San Lorenzo incl. your bike
- 1 x little Grappa tasting session in Venice
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus to Venice, on Sundays, costs € 80 per person incl. your bike, reservation necessary
- Bike rental, including renting bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Mestre/Venice train station
- Venice and Treviso airport
- Car park/garage at the hotel costs approx. € 50 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Good train connections between Florence and Venice
Things to note:
- Bike tickets for ferry trips in Venice in self-organisation, price € 3,-/bike
- Ferry trip to Marina di Ravenna in self-organisation, price € 2,-/person incl. bike
- Tourist tax, if due, it is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Hotel Embassy Florence
A luxurious completely renovated hotel within an aristocratic place of the 19° century where the elegance and the style of that age combine with the comfort of the finest technological facilities. Indeed, the use of ecological modern materials has permitted to keep unaltered the fabulous enchanting details of its original structure such as the magnificent vaulted ceilings of the all and of some room.
La Meridiana Hotel Brisighella
Welcome to the La Meridiana Hotel Brisighella!