Amsterdam - Bruges, MS Fluvius
Holland meets Belgium.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided Group Tour
- Minimum number of participants: 24
Today you make your own way to Amsterdam to start the tour. You can embark from 1pm. At 2pm the boat will set off for the first time to Vianen, which is a small fortress city on the little Lek river.
After breakfast you will cycle a beautiful route to Schoonhoven – nicknamed Zilverstad (Silver City) – a city that has been renowned for its talented silver smiths since the 17th Century. As you continue to cycle along the Lek River you will pass through the Alblasserwaard region to Kinderdijk, a village famous for its impressive row of 19 large windmills – one of which you can visit. They have a UNESCO cultural heritage listing. From nearby Alblasserdam you will take the “Waterbus” (not included, costs approx.€ 4 per person), a fast ferry, that will take and your bike you in approx. 10 minutes to Dordrecht, one of the oldest towns in Holland. The historical centre is impressively located between two powerful rivers.
During breakfast the ship sails to Tholen.You cycle through a forest area, “the Wouwse Plantage“, towards the south to the impressive Kreekrak lock. Then you will sail to Antwerp, which is not only known as diamond city, but also as native city of painter Rubens. You will find some of his paintings in the “Onze Lieve Vrouwe (our lady) Cathedral”.
After breakfast you leave the port by bike to the Zeeschelde. You follow this beautiful but capricious tidal river upstream to Dendermonde. There is a beautiful bike path along the river and the landscape around the Schelde is magnificent. You will either cycle to St-Amands or Dendermonde, a friendly little town along the river. Those who would like to can enjoy the evening doing a beer tasting session.
(Possible boat ride to St-Amands where you stay overnight)
The bike tour follows again the river Schelde in the direction of Ghent. Ghent is a lively university city, again, one with a rich past. In the afternoon you have the opportunity to discover the city some more or to shop in the lively centre. The city was founded in Roman times, where the rivers Leie and Schelde converge. The convenient location has over the years brought much prosperity, culminating in the late 13th, early 14th century. The textile industry brought great wealth. In the city, many old patricians preserved. The Cloth Hall (1425) brought cloth merchants together. The main church is the St. Bavo Cathedral, which is built in different ages and in the different corresponding styles. In the cathedral are some masterpieces of medieval art, which "Adoration of the Mystic Lamb" by Jan van Eyck is the most famous. The ship is docked at the lock in Merelbeke, a suburb of Ghent (approx. 30 min by bike from the city centre).
Today our bike tour goes through the pleasant country side of Western Flanders to Bruges. Bruges, also called the Venice of the North, is maybe the most beautiful of all Flemish cities. Its old centre, which dates from the Middle Ages is almost completely intact. At that time, Bruges was a metropolis and center of commerce and art. You can still see this glory from the beautiful buildings. But Bruges is also a nice town for shopping or going out.
The last bike tour takes you to a quiet canal where you’ll find lots of poplars. You cycle through an attractive polder landscape with nice small farm houses until you get to the North Sea coast. A 12km long sandy beach and numerous cafés provide enough variety during your lunch break. Afterwards, you head back to Bruges. Dinner is on board the MS Fluvius.
After breakfast till 09:30 am: end of the tour and disembarkation.
Flat routes through Holland and Belgium along bike paths.
Self-guided or guided cycle trips: The guided bike tours are finalised depending on the group members and ability by the tour guide. For those doing a self-guided bike tour, you will get your route book when your board the boat. Each day you will cycle between 40 and 60km. All of the distances are approximations from the recommended bike tours.
| Season 1 |
| Season 2 |
01.05.2021 | 15.05.2021 | 29.05.2021 | 12.06.2021 | 26.06.2021 | 10.07.2021 | 24.07.2021 | 07.08.2021 | 21.08.2021 | 04.09.2021 | 18.09.2021 |
|Bike & Boat Holland meets Belgium - Amsterdam-Brügge - MS Fluvius - main deck, 8 days guided, NL-SHSAF-08G-H|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||50%||50%|
|Bike & Boat Holland meets Belgium - Amsterdam-Brügge - MS Fluvius - upper deck, 8 days guided, NL-SHSAF-08G-O|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin premium||100.00||100.00|
- 7 nights tour and accommodation on board of MS Fluvius in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- Welcome drink
- Full board (7 x breakfast, 6 x picnic lunch during bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon till 4 PM, 7 x 3 course dinner)
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Use of linen and towels
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- Tour guide for guided bike tours (for 18 persons or more two tour guides)
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily bike tours (deposited on board, 1 per cabin)
- Fees for ferries
- Bike rental insurance €10/week, for e-bikes €25/week. Risk and limitation of liability in the case of damage or loss of the rental bike by you.
- Parking space for own bike EUR 10, for own electric bike EUR 25
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Central railway station Amsterdam near landing stage.
- For example: Parking Oosterdok www.parkingcentrumoosterdok.nl/english, economy fare approx. € 20.-/24 h. No reservation possible.
- Return transfer by train from Bruges to Amsterdam approx. 40 € per person.
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The transport of own bikes is limited due to the space on deck! Cost for your own E-Bike €25/week and costs for your own bike €10/week.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycles.
This tour has 1 more variation
With MS Fluvius through the most beautiful cities of Holland and Flanders. Highlights are Amsterdam, Antwerp, Gent and Bruges.