Itinerary at a glance
Arrival and embarkation time between 1 pm and 2 pm in the beautiful city of Bruges, also called “Pearl of Flanders”. After a welcome meeting with the crew at 2 pm there is time for a short test-ride through the countryside around Bruges. After dinner the tour leader will take you for a walk through the city centre.
Today your first bike tour to Ghent through the flat land of West-Flanders will start. Your destination today is the historical centre of Ghent. Enjoy the beautiful parts of Ghent during an afternoon stroll. The barge is docked at a lock in Merelbeke, in a suburb of Thent and approx. 30 cycling minutes from the city centre.
Your bike tour leads along one of the most beautiful parts of the Schelde, a tidal river, today. You will follow it downstream. In Dendermonde it is worth visiting the St. Alexius Beguinage (1288). The departure time will be set by the skipper and is depending on high or low tide as the tide has effect on the speed of the barge.
Today we will follow the Schelde further downstream via Temse to Antwerp. There is a beautiful cycling track along the river and the scenery is magnificent. The harbour city Antwerp with it´s beautiful inner city is well known as diamond city and the city where the famous painter Rubens was born.
The barge will sail over the Schelde-Rhine Canal, over the huge Kreekrak locks. Here your bicyle tour starts through the beautiful “Wouwse Plantage” forest to Tholen, a former fishing village amidst the large streams of the province of Zeeland. From Tholen you will join the ship again for a nice afternoon sail to the beautiful city Dordrecht, one of the oldest towns in Holland. Halfway the ship passes the impressive Volkerak lock system.
A fast ferry will bring you to Alblasserdam. From here you will cycle to Kinderdijk, famous for its impressive row of 19 UNESCO cultural heritage-listed windmills. You will continue via Schoonhoven to Vianen, a small fortified town on the river Lek.
First the ship cruises to Breukelen, where you disembark and your cycling tour starts. Cycle along the small river Vecht via the small villages of Nieuwersluis, Loenen and Vreeland to Nigtevecht, where you can visit a traditional cheese dairy. Continue cycling through the historical town of Muiden and on to Amsterdam where you will rejoin the barge for the final time in the Amsterdam harbor.
After breakfast: end of the tour and disembarkation till 09:30 am.
Flat routes through Holland and Belgium along bike paths.
Prices and dates
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- 7 nights tour and accommodation on board of MS Fluvius in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- Welcome drink
- Full board (7 x breakfast, 6 x picnic lunch during bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon till 4 PM, 6x 3course dinner)
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Use of linen and towels
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- Tour guide for guided bike tours (for 22 persons or more two tour guides)
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily bike tours (deposited on board, 1 per cabin)
- Fees for ferries
- Bike rental insurance €10/week, for e-bikes €25/week. Risk and limitation of liability in the case of damage or loss of the rental bike by you.
- Parking space for own bike EUR 10, for own electric bike EUR 25
- Guided cycle tour onto request, EUR 90
- helmets EUR 10, reservation and payable in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Central railway station Amsterdam near landing stage.
- Guarded parking areas at the main station (Stationsplein), approx. 5–7 € per day. No reservation possible. Transfer by taxi from Stationsplein to ship berth approx. 15-25 €.
- Return transfer by train from Amsterdam to Bruges approx. 40 € per person.
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The transport of own bikes is limited due to the space on deck! Cost for your own E-Bike €25/week and costs for your own bike €10/week.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycles.
- Minimum number of participants: 24
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."