Amsterdam - Bruges, MS Magnifique
Picture book Holland & Belgium.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Embarkation and check-in where the crew will welcome you on board is at 1 p.m. At around 2 p.m. MS Magnifique will depart from Amsterdam for Vianen, a small fortified village on the Lek river. After the distribution of bicycles, you can enjoy a short bicycle ride. Dinner on board.
After breakfast you will cycle a beautiful route to Schoonhoven – nicknamed Zilverstad (Silver City) – a city renowned for its talented silver smiths since the 17th century. As you continue to cycle along the Lek River you will pass through the Alblasserwaard region to Kinderdijk, a village famous for its impressive row of 19 large windmills, which have a UNESCO cultural heritage listing. From nearby Alblasserdam you will take the “Waterbus, a fast ferry that will take you and your bike in approx. 10 minutes to Dordrecht, one of the oldest towns in Holland. Dinner on board.
During breakfast the ship sails to Willemstad. Your bicycle ride goes to Tholen, once an island in the middle of the large Zeeland streams. Nowadays Tholen is connected to the mainland in various ways. In the afternoon you will sail via the impressive Kreekrak lock to Antwerp, which is not only known as diamond city, but also as native city of painter Rubens. You will find some of his paintings in the “Onze Lieve Vrouwe (our lady) Cathedral”. Dinner on board.
Today’s tour will see you cycle out of Antwerp on a beautiful cycle path along the picturesque tidal Schelde River to St. Amands, your home for the night. There is only one way to describe the landscape around the Schelde and that is “magnificent”. It is without doubt one of the natural highlights of the tour. Dinner on board.
Today you go from St Amands to Dendemonde by bike or barge. From Dendermonde you can cycle to Ghent, a univeristy town with a rich past. In the afternoon you have the opportunity to discover the city some more, or to shop in the lively centre. The city was founded in Roman times, where the rivers Leie and Schelde converge. The convenient location has over the years brought much prosperity, culminating in the late 13th, early 14th century. The textile industry brought great wealth. In the city, many old patrician preserved. The Cloth Hall (1425) came cloth merchants together. The main church St. Bavo Cathedral, which is built in different ages and in different styles. In the cathedral are some masterpieces of medieval art, which "Adoration of the Mystic Lamb" by Jan van Eyck is the most famous. The ship is docked at the lock in Merelbeke, a suburb of Ghent.
Today you will cycle from Ghent through the beautiful countryside of Western Flanders to Bruges. Bruges also called the Venice of the North is maybe the most beautiful of all Flemish cities. Its old centre which dates from the Middle Ages is almost completely intact. Bruges was at that time a metropolis and center of commerce and art. You can still see this glory at the beautiful buildings. But Bruges is also a nice town for shopping or going out. Dinner tonight (not included) will be in town in a restaurant of your choice (recommendations available on board).
The last bike ride on this holiday takes you along a quiet canal lined with poplar trees. A 12km long, sandy beach and plenty of cafes makes a great lunch spot. Afterwards you return to Bruges. Dinner is on board the barge.
After breakfast till 09:30 am: end of the tour and disembarkation.
Flat routes through Holland and Belgium along bike paths.
Self-guided or guided cycle trips: The guided bike tours are finalised depending on the group members and ability by the tour guide. For those doing a self-guided bike tour, you will get your route book when you board the boat. Each day you will cycle between 40 and 60km. All of the distances are approximations from the recommended bike tours.
| Season 1 |
16.05.2020 | 30.05.2020 | 27.06.2020 | 11.07.2020 | 25.07.2020 | 08.08.2020 | 22.08.2020 | 19.09.2020 |
| Season 2 |
|Bike & Boat in Holland and Flandern Amsterdam-Bruges - MS Magnifique, days 8, NL-SHSAM-08G|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed cabin premium||200.00||200.00|
|discount 3-bed cabin||-50.00||-50.00|
|Surcharge 3-bed cabin premium||130.00||130.00|
- 7 nights tour and accommodation on board of MS Magnifique in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- Welcome drink
- Meals: (7 x breakfast, 6 x picnic lunch during bike tours, coffee and tea on board, 6 x 3 course dinner)
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Use of linen and towels
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- Tour guide for guided bike tours (for 18 persons or more two tour guides)
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily bike tours (deposited on board, 1 per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- Fees for ferries
- Entrance fees for Kinderdijk Mills, cathedral Antwerp
- Canal trip Gent
- Bike rental insurance €10/week, for e-bikes €25/week. Risk and limitation of liability in the case of damage or loss of the rental bike by you.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- For example: Parking Oosterdok www.parkingcentrumoosterdok.nl/english, economy fare approx. € 20.-/24 h. No reservation possible.
- Return transfer by train from Bruges to Amsterdam approx. 40 € per person.
Number of participants:
- Minimum of 24 people
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The use of your own bike is limited due to space on deck! Please specify when booking whether your own bike is an electric or normal bike.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycles.
This bicycle- and shiptour leads you through Belgium and the Netherlands. Enjoy the nights on board of the MS Magnifique.