Bruges - Amsterdam, MS Magnifique
Picture book Holland & Belgium.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
Arrival in Bruges
Arrival and embarkation time between 1 pm and 1.30 pm in the beautiful city of Bruges, also called “Pearl of Flanders”. After a welcome meeting with the crew at 2 pm there is time for a short test-ride through the countryside around Bruges. After dinner the tour leader will take you for a walk through the city centre. Dinner on board.
Today your first bike tour to Ghent through the flat land of West-Flanders will start. Your destination today is the historical centre of Ghent. Enjoy the beautiful parts of Ghent during an afternoon stroll. The barge is docked at a lock in Merelbeke, in a suburb of Thent and approx. 30 cycling minutes from the city centre. Dinner on board.
Your bike tour leads along one of the most beautiful parts of the Schelde, a tidal river, today. You will follow it downstream. In Dendermonde it is worth visiting the St. Alexius Beguinage (1288). The departure time will be set by the skipper and is depending on high or low tide as the tide has effect on the speed of the barge. If necessary, shipping to St. Amands and overnight stay in St. Amands. Dinner on board.
Bike ride past small ferry ports and nice restaurants and bars to Temse. You then cycle downstream along the Zeeschelde to Antwerpen. Look forward to visiting the 'diamond city', which is also known as the birth town of the famous panter Peter Paul Rubens. Your tour guide will give you top tips about restaurants to go to for dinner in Antwerpen (no dinner available on board).
The barge will sail over the Schelde-Rhine Canal, over the huge Kreekrak locks. Here your bicycle tour starts through the beautiful “Wouwse Plantage” forest to Tholen, a former fishing village amidst the large streams of the province of Zeeland. From Tholen you will join the ship again for a nice afternoon sail to Dordrecht. Halfway the ship pass the impressive Volkerak lock system. Dinner on board.
Today you will start your tour with the waterbus, a fast ferry that will take you and your bike in just 10 minutes to Alblasserdam. From here you will cycle to Kinderdijk, famous for its impressive row of 19 UNESCO cultural heritage-listed windmills. You will continue via Schoonhoven to Vianen, a small fortified town on the river Lek. Dinner on board.
During breakfast the MS Magnifique II will cruise to Breukelen. From there you cycle along the Vecht River via Nieuwersluis, Loenen and Vreeland you will arrive at Nigtevecht where you can visit a traditional cheese dairy. Continue cycling through the historical town of Muiden and then to Amsterdam where you will join the barge for the final time this holiday in Amsterdam's harbour. Dinner is on board.
After breakfast: end of the tour and disembarkation till 09:30 am
Flat routes through Holland and Belgium along bike paths.
Self-guided or guided cycle trips: The guided bike tours are finalised depending on the group members and ability by the tour guide. For those doing a self-guided bike tour, you will get your route book when your board the boat. Each day you will cycle between 40 and 60km. All of the distances are approximations from the recommended bike tours.
- 7 nights tour and accommodation on board of MS Magnifique in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- Welcome drink
- Meals: (7 x breakfast, 6 x picnic lunch during bike tours, coffee and tea on board, 6 x 3 course dinner)
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Use of linen and towelst
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- Tour guide for guided bike tours (for 18 persons or more two tour guides)
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily bike tours (deposited on board, 1 per cabin)
- Fees for ferries
- GPS tracks
- Entrance fees for Kinderdijk Mills, cathedral Antwerp
- Canal trip Gen
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Guarded parking areas at the main station (Stationsplein), approx. 5-7 € per day. No reservation possible. Transfer by taxi from Stationsplein to ship berth approx. 15-25 €.
- Return transfer by train from Amsterdam to Bruges approx. 40 € per person.
Number of participants:
- Minimum of 24 people untiil 21 days before arrival
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- The use of your own bike is limited due to space on deck! Please specify when booking whether your own bike is an electric or normal bike.
- The owner of the ship, the crew, the tour guide and the organiser are not liable for the damage or theft of own bicycles.
This tour has 7 more variations
This bicycle- and shiptour leads you through Belgium and the Netherlands. Enjoy the nights on board of the MS Magnifique.