Northern Holland and Friesland, MS Serena
Ijsselmeer & North Sea Beaches
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Amsterdam
Boat ride: Amsterdam – Hoorn
Individual arrival to Amsterdam. Check-in on board in the afternoon. Maybe you will take some time for exploring the city of Amsterdam. At 6pm the MS SERENA will leave Amsterdam for the harbour town of Hoorn
Cycle tour: Hoorn – Enkhuizen
Hoorn is an ancient city in which you can still find many buildings dating back to the 17th century (e.g. the Regentur of Westfriesland – today a museum, the town’s scales at the Rodesteen, the harbour tower as well as the storage houses at the old quai). Today you are cycling from Hoorn to Enkhuizen. Tip: you should visit the Zuiderzeemuseum.
Boat journey: Enkhuizen – Lemmer | Cycling: round trip Lemmer
Today you have a boat ride across the IJsselmeer to Lemmer. You are starting your round trip by bike: over the Oosterzee Buren to the Tjeukemeer, further to Munnekeburen, then around the Rottige Meente over Scherpenzel and Schoterzijl back to Lemmer with its historical old part of town and beautiful gable houses.
Tip: Optional visit to the largest still-functioning steam pumping station in the world, “Woudagemaal”.
Cycling: Lemmer – Stavoren | Boat: Stavoren – Oudeschild
You will cycle to Sondeler Leien Lake. From there you go through the Rijsterbos woods past the Mokkebank (a bird reserve) to the Roode Klif at Stavoren. From there you cruise to Oudeschild on Texel island.
Cycling: round trip Island of Texel | Boat: Oudeschilde – Den Helder
You are going on a round trip by bike on the biggest North Sea Island of the Netherlands – Texel. There are numerous routes you can choose between. Tip: We also recommend that you visit the beer brewery of Texel. At about 6 pm you take the boat back to Den Helder.
Cycling: Den Helder – Alkmaar | Boat: you can get on and off at Sint Maartensvlotbrug
In the morning you cycle through the dunes to Alkmaar. It is possible for you to go on board the MS SERENA in St. Maartensvlotburg and cruise the rest of the way to Alkmaar. As an alternative, you can also start your bike tour in St. Maartensvlotburg.
Boat: Alkmaar – Wormerveer | Cycling: Wormerveer – Amsterdam
In the morning you have the opportunity to visit the cheese market in Alkmaar (ca. Apr. to Sept). At midday we are shipping to Wormerveer from where you are cycling to the open air museum Zaanse Schans (windmills, ancient Dutch village, cheese factory, etc.). You are cycling through the recreational area Twiske to Amsterdam. Tip: In the evening you have the opportunity to take part in a “Grachtenrundfahrt” (a cruise on the canals in Amsterdam on small boats)
After breakfast disembarkation and individual trip home.
You cycle between 25 and 45 km each day. Nearly all routes are flat and easy to cycle along. You cycle on asphalted bike paths with routes that are signposted.
- Program according to tour itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: breakfast buffet, small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, coffee and tea in the afternoon, 3-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book per cabin for self-guided trips
- Tour representative on board
Services extra nights Volendam (Hotel Van der Valk)
- Overnight with 1x breakfast
- 2x bus ticket to Amsterdam and back
- Car park during your cruise
- Visitor's tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Amsterdam train station close to the pier
Parking Oosterdok www.parkingcentrumoosterdok.nl/english, economy fare approx. € 15 for 24 h or Valet Parking Service, approx. €150 per week (application form in your travel documents) http://centralparking.nl/en/passenger-terminal-amsterdam/
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on the day you arrive. Car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price €150 per week (application form in the travel documents)
- Program and details are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this is no reason for a free cancellation).
- Dietary requirements (i.e: lactose free or gluten free) possible upon request and for a surcharge. Must be booked at least 14 days prior to departure.
Number of participants
- Minimum of 50 people
Experience on this bicycle- and shiptour the Netherlandth northsea, Watten- and Ijsselmeer. On the MS Serena you pass the nights on the Netherlandth waters.