itinerary at a glance
Individual arrival in Rotterdam. Embarkation from 4:00 pm. Rotterdam is a city with many faces: important port city, classy shopping city and hip artists’ city, but most importantly a city of architecture, and one of the most interesting cities in Europe.
Keep cycling alongside the waterfront via Krimpen aan den IJssel to Kinderdijk, where you will find the most famous group of windmills of the Netherlands. Dating back to the 18th century, the 19 well- preserved mills were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List. Continue through the polder area of the Albwasserwaard to reach Dordrecht. Dordrecht is considered to be Holland`s oldest city. With about 1000 historic buildings that are housing restaurants, museums or theatres, the city`s rich history and the marvellous historic port area will enchant you.
After a short ferry ride, you reach the beautiful De Biesbosch National Park, where several rivers come together to form a fresh-water delta of no less than 8.000 hectares. You may enjoy a wonderful boat trip, offered here everywhere, before continuing your tour through the Rhine- Delta area and crossing over to Gorichem by water taxi. Do not miss out on the picturesque Old Town of this small but charming city.
Today an interesting and varied tour awaits you. From Gorinchem, cycle via Leerdam – famous for the Leerdammer cheese – into the fortified city of Vianen. Here you may stop for a short break in one of the numerous street cafes. Take the ferry boat to cross the Lek, and keep cycling to Vreeswijk with its narrow lanes. Continue to the little town of Nieuwegein – perhaps take a short side trip to Fort Jutphaas, hidden in a green oasis in Nieuwegein -before reaching Utrecht. Utrecht is considered the heart of Holland. The city was built around the cathedral. That is why it is almost impossible to lose your way in the car-free town with its picturesque canalsv
This morning, be sure to take some time to explore the beautiful town of Utrecht, before getting back on your bike. Cycle tour through the beautiful polder landscape via Oudewater, with its famous Witches` Weigh House, (none of the so-called witches ever weighed here was found to be too light of weight and thus none of them was sentenced) to Schoonhoven, the Silver City of the Netherlands, with its typical Dutch Old Town.
From Schoonhoven, cycle leisurely to the city of Gouda, which is famous for its cheese. When the weather is fine, you may take a detour for a refreshing bath in the lake Reeuwijkse Plassen. Your today’s destination is Rotterdam. Tip: you should experience the harbour of Rotterdam on an interesting harbour tour.
Two options for today’s cycling tour: First one will lead you to Delft (Tip: visit of the porcelain manufacture), second directly to the governmental seat Den Haag and to the North Sea coastal town and health resort Scheveningen and back. Alternatively, you can also go back to Rotterdam by train (rail and bike is not included, approx. € 16.- p. Pers, not in rush hour between 16:30 h and 18:00 h).
You do not fancy a bike ride? Rotterdam offers endless possibilities to design your day. Really one is spoilt for choice
After breakfast checkout until 9:00 am and we are saying goodbye – have a safe journey home.
Prices and dates
services & information
Further details about this tour
- Program according to itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnights in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning, change of bed linen and towels as needed
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book for self-guided trips per cabin
- Tour guidance on board
- Journey to and from Rotterdam, shuttles, bike rentals, entrance fees and excursions, city maps, ferry fees and fees for waterbus, travel insurances, parking fees, tips, drinks on board
- Bringing your own bike/electric bike € 29,- (only on request, limited)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Amsterdam train station is close to the pier
- Oosterdok car park: secure car park at the train station, about €25 per day. Reservation possible by yourself
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on arrival day, car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price on request, payable in advance (application form can be ordered bei Eurobike) price approx. € 170/week
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- Minimum number of participants: 60
- This tour is a partner tour.