Itinerary at a glance
We welcome you aboard your new home-from-home from 6 p.m. onwards, and then regroup for the introductory briefing – at 6.30 – with your tour leader, skipper and crew, along with a first refreshing aperitivo. After dinner we can stroll into town and savour the historic centre at its most evocative: Benvenuti a Venice!
Today you will discover the city and its surroundings by bike. In the morning you will visit the wonderful historical centre of the "Serenissima" in Venice with a guide. After that, you can take the city alone or discover the islands of the lagoon.
This is the most enchanting day of the whole tour as you cycle through the two long islands that separate the lagoon from the Adriatic Sea. From the Lido, one of the most impressive beach resorts of the Adriatic and seat of the International Film Festival, you cycle south to Malamocco. The small town was the first seat of the Doge's of the Republic of Venice. A short boat trip takes you to the island of Pellestrina with its picturesque fishermen's cottages. You can reach the ship not far away from Chioggia, a lively and colorful Fishing port.
You leave Pellestrina and Chioggia, the so-called "little Venice" in the south, along the Po-Brondolo and across the mouth of the river Adige. After you have explored the extensive flora and fauna of the Podeltas, you will reach the city of Adria, formerly an ancient Greek port.
After a short cruise in the morning, we cycle through nature in the direction of Ferrara, which is famous for its numerous cycle paths and the wide distribution who bought two-wheelers the name "City of Cyclists". You will be historical centre with its mighty ring of walls be enchanted. In the afternoon a short bus transfer will take you to Zelo, where the Ship is waiting for you.
After a few kilometres of cycling you will reach Bergantino, where you will find the "Museum des Visit the merry-go-rounds and the Volkstheater" and enjoy a tasting in a cheese dairy. You cycle along the Po river to Ostiglia, a small town with medieval castle ruins, and then to Governolo. Here you can find the Italy's largest river basin. Afterwards you leave the river Po and reach finally with a wonderful boat trip Mantua in the late afternoon.
A day dedicated to the discovery of this little visited cultural gem, its three picturesque "lakes" formed by the Mincio, and its surrounding countryside – once a City State ruled by the Gonzaga family and now considered by many as Italy’s "Sleeping Beauty". This afternoon we meet our Mantuan guide for a walking tour of the historic centre, and enjoy the rest of the day in town, at our own leisure.
Embarakation until 09:30!
This cycling tour is largely along the flats of the Po plains, and the daily
stages vary from 25 to 55 km – mostly on tarmac cycle paths along rivers and canals, or quiet country roads.
Prices and dates
Services & Information
Further details about this route
- Program as mentioned in the tour course
- 7 overnights in cabins with shower/toilet/air-condition in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x small lunch or lunch package for your bike tour, 7x three course dinner
- coffee and tea on board
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Change of towels and bed linen if required
- Daily bike tour briefing
- Habour fees
- Guided visit in Venice and Mantua
- Visit of a cheese factory with tasting
- Visit of Carousel and Street Entertainment Museum
- Bus transfer Ferrara-Zelo / Ferrara-Adria
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- English speaking tour guide within an international group
- Second tour leader with a minimum of 25 people
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Unguarded parking spaces free of charge near the harbour
- Guarded parking space also near the harbour approx. € 8,-/day. reservation under email@example.com in advance necessary.
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- Minimum number of participants: 12
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."