Innsbruck - Verona
Along the rivers Eisack and Adige.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Innsbruck
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. For the rest of the day, we recommend visiting Innsbruck’s famous old town with its City Tower and its “Golden Roof”.
After breakfast, we will take you up to the Brenner Pass (by train or minibus). From the small border town Brenner you will cycle on a newly extended bike path, mostly along the river Eisack, first to the little village Gossensass and immediately afterwards to Sterzing, the once mighty city of the Fugger. You will continue your tour to Thumberg, to the beautiful Reifenstein Castle, and via Stilfes and Mittenwald to Franzensfeste with its famous fortress. The bike path continues to the beautiful and quiet Lake Varna, to Varna itself and finally to Brixen, today's destination.
You will ride your bike through the Dürer town Klausen along the river Eisack to Waidbruck (view of Castle Trostburg). Here, the valley starts geting narrower and leads into the Bolzano basin. The city where two cultures meet is awaiting its visitors with many attractions (Archaeological Museum with Ötzi, the Iceman – free admission with BrixenCard on day of arrival).
Today you will pedal through numerous orchards and vineyards in the area of the South Tyrolean wine route, past many castles and ruins to the wine village Eppan and further to Lake Caldaro. You will stay overnight in the cosy wine town Auer.
Today's route will mainly take you along the beautiful bike path along the Adige river and partially through beautiful orchards to Salurn where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The dam pathways lead to Trento with its lovely old town.
On this stage you will notice the Adige valley getting narrower and narrower. At the same time the mountain ranges, on which for many centuries impressive castles guarded over one of the most important trade routes, are getting closer and closer. We recommend a visit to Rovereto and the city of Mozart, Ala. Then you will continue your tour on the bike path to Rivalta.
On the seventh day, you will cycle on the well-built bike trail along the river Adige to Verona. There are just a few stops along the way.
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths along the Eisack and Adige river valleys. From Verona you will mainyl cycle on quiet side roads. You will be taken up to the Brenner Pass from where you shall descend 1,300 meters in altitude. There are only a few short climbs on Lake Caldaro and before Verona. If you prolong the tour to Venice, the only exhausting part is the Monte Berici before Vicenza (about 400 meters in altitude). This is a bike tour for everyone!
Category: 3***- and 4**** hotels, Rivalta charming 2** hotel
- Overnight stays in the listed category
- Breakfast buffet
- Personal tour information
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- Bus transfer from Innsbruck to Brenner incl. bike
- Brixen card (free use of South Tyrolean public transportation, a roundtrip ride with the cable car Plose, free admission to Acquarena water park, free admission to nearly all South Tyrolean museums, rich cultural and hiking program)
- GPS tracks available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Innsbruck train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Multi storey car park costs €55 per week; to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Return transfer by minibus to Innsbruck every Saturday morning, this costs €75 per person incl. your bike, reservation is necessary
- Good train connections from Verona or Venice to Innsbruck
- Alternative route also possible via Lake Garda or Resia
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!
Nature, hospitality, and cordiality are our chief concerns
Here at the Kaufmann Bio-Hotel in Auer / Ora, every guest will feel right at home in our family-oriented surroundings. For us, the greatest praise is when departing guests talk about coming back to see us again on their next vacation in South Tyrol.
Your hotel in Brixen South Tyrol
holiday on the sunny side of the Alps...
... where the northern cold beauty and the southern elegance meets together.
This wonderful mix symbolizes all the fascination of Bressanone and this region!
Here, where the rivers Rienza and Isarco mixed their waters, also art, culture,
language and way of life melts together...
Grand Hotel Trento
GRAND HOTEL TRENTO
A 4 star hotel in the historic center of Trento for a stay with maximum comfort.