You start your cycle tour along the river Mur. Have your first intervall at Mossham palace. Guided tours of the palace possible daily, guided tours especially for children available every Thursday. Onwards via Tamsweg to Ramingstein, where the next castle already awaits: Finstergrün Castle!
Ramingstein – Murau
You continue along the course of the river Mur to St. Ruprecht, where you can visit a Styrian timber museum. Then onwards into the brewery town of Murau.
Only after a few kilometres you reach Frojach, home of the narrow-gauge railway museum. After that onwards to Scheifling, where you can spend the afternoon relaxing until the end of the day at the natural bathing lake located directly at the Mur-cycle-path!
A stopover in the Styrian leisure park ‚Fairy Tale Forest - Märchenwald Steiermark’ is highly recommended. In your Day Finish Judenburg the adventure pool awaits or the thermal spa Aqualux with separate children and family area!
For cycle and motor sport enthusiasts we suggest a detour to the Austrian Formula 1 race course ‚Spielberg-Ring’. Then via Knittelfeld with its model railway museum onwards to St. Michael in Upper Styria. In this village, you find an open-air museum, created in a 300-year old farm house.
You cycle via Leoben, Styria’s second biggest city, all the way to your Day Finish and end of the tour, Bruck an der Mur. You can round off your holiday with a little stroll through the town and up the castle rock!
Departure or extra days
Your return transfer takes you back to the starting point of the tour, St. Michael im Lungau, or alternatively spend extra days in Bruck or Graz (good train connections).
Requirements: good basic fitness level and cycling skills. The route is ideal for families.
Short daily stages. There are a few smaller ascents to tackle, which are rewarded by descents afterwards. Between Tamsweg and Unzmarkt the route can be cut short by taking the train ‚Dampfbummelzug’ of the Murtal-railway.
Category: 3***-hotels, inns and B&Bs
Children’s rates valid in room with two paying adults. Rates for children aged 6 or younger are payable on site.
- 7x overnight stays, breakfast included
- with half board: min. 3-course meal
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train in Salzburg and by bus or in parts by taxi bus into the Lungau region. Details on request.
- Parking: unguarded parking spaces free of charge on the company grounds, underground car park EUR 9 per day or carport EUR 20 per week, no reservation needed, payable on site.
- Return transfer by bike-taxi to St. Michael: every Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat at 3.45 pm and Sun at 12.45 pm, EUR 40 per person and EUR 34 per child, bike included, reservation required, payable on site.
Any visitor’s taxes not included in the tour price and payable on site.