Itinerary at a glance
The combination of cycling and cruising makes this star tour so charming. Take a leisurely stroll through Lindau and admire the flowers of Mainau Island. Monastery and Castle Salem are impressive culturally, while Reichenau Island is stunning in terms of landscape.
Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”.
Today you cycle to Friedrichshafen and follow the cycle path to Langenargen and trough small villages like Wasserburg and Nonnenhorn to Lindau, the Bavarian “Metropolis in the lake”. The historical old town at the island is a popular designation. In the afternoon journey by boat back to Constance.
Today you’re going to visit the flowery Island Mainau. No bikes allowed on the island, please leave them at the entrance and reach the island via the bridge. Many different flowers flourish here, in spring tulips, in summer roses, in autumn dahlias. You can also discover the palace, the garden of palms, the butterfly house, the arboretum and many other attractions.
The day starts with a bike tour to Wallhausen. There you go aboard a ship to Überlingen. Next to the lake to the monastery church in Birnau, than you continue to Salem (there is an impressive Cistercian abbey and a castle). From here you cycle to Meersburg and get back to Constance by ferry.
Your first aim is island Reichenau, which is part of UNESCO world cultural heritage since 2001. By boat to Gaienhofen, where you can visit the Hermann-Hesse-house. Afterwards you cycle along peninsula Höri and via Hemmenhofen, where Otto Dix lived from time to time, to Stein am Rhein. Your return journey leads you via Steckborn and Gottlieben to Constance.
Most places of interest, also some of the boat tours are included in the tour. On every day you have enough time for sightseeing. Appropriate for families.
Prices and dates
Category A: hotel of 4****-level
Category B: hotel of 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, NL, FR, IT, ES)
- 1 boat trip Reichenau – Gaienhofen, incl. bike
- 1 boat trip Wallhause/Dingelsdorf – Überlingen, incl. bike
- 1 boat trip Lindau – Constance, incl. bike
- 2x ferry rides between Constance and Meersburg, incl. bike
- 1 entrance rosarium museum Constance, incl. 1 cup of coffee
- 1 entrance palace Salem
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Constance train station
- Zurich, Friedrichshafen, Basel, Karlsruhe, Memmingen or Stuttgart airport
- Parking possibilities in Constance, costs EUR 49 per week, reservation necessary, payable in advance, or in public parking garages, costs approx. EUR 25 per day, no reservation possible.
Things to note
- Entrance island Mainau is not included in the price!
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.