Lake Constance - based in one hotel
Rambles on the "Swabian Sea".
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Constance
Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”. Overnight stay is in Constance.
Today you cycle to Friedrichshafen and follow the cycle path to Langenargen and trough small villages like Wasserburg and Nonnenhorn to Lindau, the Bavarian “Metropolis in the lake”. The historical old town at the island is a popular designation. In the afternoon journey by boat back to Constance.
Today you’re going to visit the flowery Island Mainau. Overnight stay is in Constance.
The day starts with a bike tour to Wallhausen. There you go aboard a ship to Überlingen. Next to the lake to the monastery church in Birnau, than you continue to Salem (there is an impressive Cistercian abbey and a castle). From here you cycle to Meersburg and get back to Constance by ferry.
Your first aim is island Reichenau, which is part of UNESCO world cultural heritage since 2001. By boat to Gaienhofen, where you can visit the Hermann-Hesse-house. Afterwards you cycle along peninsula Höri and via Hemmenhofen, where Otto Dix lived from time to time, to Stein am Rhein. Your return journey leads you via Steckborn and Gottlieben to Constance. Overnight stay is in Constance
Most places of interest, also some of the boat tours are included in the tour. On every day you have enough time for sightseeing. Appropriate for families.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast or breakfast buffet
- Detailed travel document 1x per room (DE,EN,NL,FR,IT,ES)
- Boat tour Reichenau – Gaienhofen, incl. bike
- Boat tour Wallhause – Überlingen , incl. bike
- Boat tour Lindau – Meersburg, incl. bike
- Ferrybetween Constance and Meersburg, incl. bike
- Entrance palace Salem
- Entrance island Mainau
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Constance train station
- There are parking spaces available at the hotels most of the time for € 5-20 per day.
- In Constance you can park at the office for € 40 for the duration of your tour, to be paid for at the time, No reservation possible
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!